Pumicestone Passage 23/3

Ken A

I went for a bit of a spin at lunchtime & fished the runout tide around at Monash street.

The westerly wind was blowing a fair bit but thats not a problem there at all. It just mean nice long casts into the fishy spots with SX-40's.

I picked up a couple small flatties on an Ecogear SX-48 then I waded out to Ravins Ridge as the current picked up & changed over to an SX-40. I scored a small bream around 25cm then a bit further down I managed 2 more Bream the best was around 32cm. Both those fish volunteered to join me for dinner tomorrow night.

The bream run is a few weeks away yet but there are signs things are picking up at last.

The wind hasn't been right to fish the poon hole lately theres been to much SE blowing. I did get a couple of decent Bass there a week or so ago & lost approx a litre of blood to the mozzies as well.

I might sneak down there over easter. It won't las much longer because they have just started pegging the ground at the edge of the hole so a dozer & houses isn't far away :ranting2:

Good to see a few fish showing its been dead for ages.