Ray, Hutcho And Bryce Score A Few More Reds

Ray R

Hi Raiders, after a couple of snapper feasts, our wives told us to go get some more,

so reluctlantly we set off again in search of snapper, this time with Hutcho's son Bryce.

We went to the spot and started the berley going and within moments I scored a little

fella about 32 cms, he went back in, Hutcho got one as well and he was the same size,

so after hoiking these small ones back we thought that maybe we should keep a couple

so the next ones went in the esky, only just over legal but we had instuctions from the

wives to go fishing and get us some more fish.

Anyway Hutcho had a great battle with what we firstly thought was a red but turned out to be

a nice horsie , I got a smaller one and a huge salmon but no reds,

and then it hits , Bryces rod starts to scream and he is on to a nice red, it was a biggin' got

the outft screaming and then 'pop' it's gone, re-bait and out again for the young fella, I get

a nice one at the same time and things were hotting up.

After a short time of inactivity Bryce's rod goes off again, he did well on this one with some

coaching from Dad Bryce gets his trophy and he's as proud as, he couldn't stop admiring it

as this was by far his best fish.

The wind had picked up now and it was getting near time to come come in but not before I

land one more nice little fella, they are a great looking fish, a few blertas, wrasse and bakers

later and we are off back in, we had a brief stop at our Lobster Beach bream hole but except

for a blerta there were no takers so that was time to come in..

We had another good morning out and so glad that Bryce got a nice red..

Everyones happy, now for a week of work, wait for the next weekend and go do it again,

I love fishin'..

Cheers...

post-3371-1244437954_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1244437976_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1244438005_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1244438037_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1244438060_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a great fish Bryce! :thumbup:

I like that 'head shot' of the snapper, Ray ... look how vivid the blue is over its eye :1yikes: Water is looking great, and the reddies are making a regular appearance. Things are pretty damn good Ray :biggrin2:

Cheers

Ian

Getting permission from the :wife: to go fishing.... ohhhh yehhh no need for excuses!

Nice reds btw and a good effort from bryce :biggrin2:

Ray ... you got your shirt off ... did we have another mishap like from the last trip.... ie. man overboard? :P

Getting permission from the :wife: to go fishing.... ohhhh yehhh no need for excuses!

Nice reds btw and a good effort from bryce :biggrin2:

Ray ... you got your shirt off ... did we have another mishap like from the last trip.... ie. man overboard? :P

nah Ray is showing his manly musscles :074:

on a seriose note well done again, top photos, top weather, top fish, what more do we want

[/qu

No just peeling off layers of clothes as the day warmed up...

Cheers..

Reckon I saw you out there Ray - but from the shore.

I spent the weekend at a house on Kilcare beach and spent many hours staring wistfully at the boats bobbing around out there. Picked up a few whiting off the beach but glad to hear there were snapper coming in not too far away.

You're a true 'local' of the Brisbane Waters region Ray - you know where the different fish are and what you need to do to target them.

Great haul of snapper.

Good effort again Ray! .....Going on the good size snapper you and Hutcho caught in the first report, it looks like you got onto a good all round reef that's likely to be a hot spot throughout the year and it seems to be close to home as well..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice reds there Ray.

Were you out at/near East reef looking at the pic?

I caught my first big red there many moons ago. I got it on a skinless flattie fillet drift baiting down a burley trail.

Greg