Ray And Hutcho Fish Lobster Beach

Ray R

Hi Raiders, went out for a quick fish in the rain again with Hutcho, thought we would try

around Lobster Beach for some bream, well the bream were scarce but there were plenty

of small trevally to keep us amused, all but one were returned.

Then the bream arrived but they were small models , only around the 25-26 cm mark

so they were released, then Hutcho dragged in a big octopus, we kept him for the next

snapper outing as I believe the reddies like the tenticle part.

Anyway we start getting flatties in amongst the trevs and small bream and one of Hutcho's

flatties is a beauty he was a nice 55cm size, I scored a small one 42cms and Hutcho guides

another nice one into the net he went about 46cms.

The weather was not the best but we still had a fun time out and I managed to stay in the boat

this time, took a few pics as per usual of a grey old day, very wet and bleak with only a couple

of other boats out.

So that was our arvo, we scored a few keepers and had a heap of fun with all the other fish

we released..

Cheers..

post-3371-1245488827_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488839_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488855_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488870_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488888_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488914_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488935_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488958_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245488984_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1245489023_thumb.jpg

Nice mixed bag Ray-

Very nice coloured flatties with the markings looks spectaular.

Sound like a fun arvo.

Always a good report and photos

Hope you didnt catch a cold the weather isnt the best for catching fish but the fresh might clear some of the weed and garbage out of the Parra River.

Well done!

Cheers

Anthony

:beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

You pair have some serious issues Ray. That looked like good weather for ducks.

Well done all the same. Imagine how much better you would go if you didn't spend the afternoon baiting someone's hook and taking off the fish he catches.

Matt

Edited by catch'n'release

Sensational stuff boys. 4 seasons in one fish. Keep up the good work. Remember..... you'd rather be throwing back the small ones than be getting no bites at all!!! :1fishing1:

Nice mixed bag Ray-

Very nice coloured flatties with the markings looks spectaular.

Sound like a fun arvo.

Always a good report and photos

Hope you didnt catch a cold the weather isnt the best for catching fish but the fresh might clear some of the weed and garbage out of the Parra River.

Well done!

Cheers

Anthony

:beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

:074::Funny-Post:

Edited by hooklineanddrinker

perfect weather conditions (besides the rain, but a little water never hurt anyone right?)

Great fish also, i always have luck doing the drifts in front of lobster beach in between the markers, the average size of flatties ive gotten there is insane (all 45-65cm)

A few nice flatties there Ray. :thumbup:

Actually, I don't mind fishing in the rain if there isn't too much wind. It's especially okay if you're in a boat with some cover. Is that your boat or Hutcho's? It looks like a Quinnie?

Great photos. (I'm always a sucker for a good octopus picture!)

Cheers

Peter

A few nice flatties there Ray. :thumbup:

Actually, I don't mind fishing in the rain if there isn't too much wind. It's especially okay if you're in a boat with some cover. Is that your boat or Hutcho's? It looks like a Quinnie?

Great photos. (I'm always a sucker for a good octopus picture!)

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter, I don't own a boat and yes it is Hutcho's , Quintrex Coast Runner 480, 90 hp Mercury,

a nice outfit, bimini top and clears makes it a rain fishing boat..

Cheers...

:yahoo: Ray..Good job boys!!! Where I'm from that Bloody beautiful octopus would be cooked up Mexican style in a dish called "Pulpo"....Out'aa sight!!..Maybe you could find a spot-on Mexican cooking website for the recipe....if so,and you do it right , you'll never use it for "fish food" again....(Even if snapper are involved.)...Trust me....CHEERS MATES! Tom the Yank