Boat Capacity Stickers Now Green

nsaykali

Just a heads up, had an Inspection from Maritime official today in Botany bay and was told that my yellow capicity sticker is nolonger valid and is to be replaced with a bright green one (he gave me 1)

so i would suggest getting down to the Maritime and getting the new updated sticker so you dont get a fine.

:1fishing1:

Just a heads up, had an Inspection from Maritime official today in Botany bay and was told that my yellow capicity sticker is nolonger valid and is to be replaced with a bright green one (he gave me 1)

so i would suggest getting down to the Maritime and getting the new updated sticker so you dont get a fine.

:1fishing1:

Oh christ when will changes like this stop. What is the point????? Did they say you could be fined? Just looked on website and couldn't see any news on this new colour sticker Give em tasers next!!!! We can call this the Tripodi green period ??

Edit PS forgot to say thanks

If anyone actually knows about this it would be good to hear what the story is??? I'd hate to be colourblind.

Edited by pelican

That is RIDICULOUS!!!!

They have my address with my rego details, if they can not be bothered to send me the new green sticker along with reason as to why I have to change it. then I guess I will probably have a little argument out on the water in the near future.

What a bloody waste of time and money.

Sorry

Nath

I love a good biff... especially when it comes to poor service in a business or a pain in the ass beaurocracy and government agencies... So this should be fun... EXPLAINATIONS WILL BE NEEDED!

Although ive found Maratime to be very friendly and helpful in the past and more often than not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

This all needs to be confirmed.

Musty

Yes they are inclined to let you off with a warning. Unlike our armed revenue collectors (I liked it when one told the Chaser crew "the road's yours" during the APEC stunt)!

I had one have a go at me about my life jacket though. It looked perfectly OK to me, but he said it was borderline as unserviceable just because it was squashed a little bit. I was ready for a good little argument but he said he would let it pass.

Edited by billfisher

Dont worry guys you have until your rego is due before you have to change the sticker and you WONT be finned if your found with the old yellow one till then. A new green one will be sent with your new rego papers and its for ALL boats new and old.

I had a fellow boatie tell me about 7 weeks ago on a ramp that I was breaking the law and that he could sell me the new sticker at cost price for $20 and that if I was caught with the old yellow I would have my boat confiscated forever. I declined his offer and checked it out at the Sutherland Maritime office the next day and they told me what I related to you in the 1st paragraph. So make sure you dont pay for the stickers from helpful guys at ramps.

I know they say a change is as good as a holiday, but all these changes are getting ridiculous.

Edited by wahcat

I just got my rego papers and there was no GREEN STICKER with it :wacko:

Welll you'd be a law breaker and the full force of the law should be used to incarcerate you. Don't you understand the importance of a little green sticker??? :1prop:

Maybe the guys were suffering repeatatve strain injury of the mouth on safety checks and needed to be able to ask a new question.

Just tell me that they are no pre printed with what MSB thinks your capacity should be as with different model boats especially cats and trihulls or wide beam boats there formula is very very conservative and doesn't take into accound ex survey boats etc.

Ahhhhh what the hell we can all use green plastic in a laser printer!!!!!!!!

Better check the boat who is inspecting you to see if he has his / hers!!!

Welll you'd be a law breaker and the full force of the law should be used to incarcerate you. Don't you understand the importance of a little green sticker??? :1prop:

Maybe the guys were suffering repeatatve strain injury of the mouth on safety checks and needed to be able to ask a new question.

Just tell me that they are no pre printed with what MSB thinks your capacity should be as with different model boats especially cats and trihulls or wide beam boats there formula is very very conservative and doesn't take into accound ex survey boats etc.

Ahhhhh what the hell we can all use green plastic in a laser printer!!!!!!!!

Better check the boat who is inspecting you to see if he has his / hers!!!

No the new sticker has a peel off section of 2 row of number 1 - 0. You then say peel of 0 & 4 and put that on the sticker. Its not pre-printed.

I just got my rego papers and there was no GREEN STICKER with it :wacko:

We are talking about a goverment department here swordfisherman. Its was stated that the new sticker would come with the rego, so you had better see your local MSB office. :05:

I had lengthy conversations with Maritime this morning after having been connected to City Rail by mistake

and finally had a chat along the pecking order with their sub branch, the RTA....

This is the result....From 1996 all Australian boat manufacturers were required to fit a building plate on their boats that shows the boat capacity of each model... For some reason this didn't happen as expected according to a knowledgable guy at City Rail... Maritime said that it was left to boat owners to decide what boat capacity number they would show on stickers supplied by Maritime....They admitted that the cost of the stickers and administation expenses incurred by the sticker clerk department as I put it would be paid by boat owners....

The new green replacement stickers will not be sent out separately or with registration renewals etc......You will be required to make the change either by bus, train or taxi as they suggested after some prompting from me or on foot as I suggested to save petrol - They added that it's still up to the boat owner to call in to a Maritime office, pick a green sticker up and recycle the yellow one.... I asked in my particular case would it be ok to recycle the old yellow label into an empty milk bottle and the answer was- yes that would be a good idea also, but did not wish to hear what my particular case was which includes a carbuncle on the buttock at the moment, so it appears that for the time being both my boats might be exempt depending on the day/s......

The colour change is to incorporate a safety label into a capacity label and show additional safety notes in order to make a short statement of some sort restricted to sticker size and it was also admitted it would also identify boats that haven't complied to the label change requirements ...It was also agreed that a change of label colours identifies out of date car registrations....

If you are observed carrying a yellow sticker you may be given 7 days grace if you push a three wheeler along but again failed to ask what my particular case was....

City Rail will pass the word around but the RTA wants nothing to do with it, and after some prompting, a senior spokesman admitted that a long line of boats in RTA driveways could be the reason....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Jewgaffer,

This now sounds like the left hand does not know what the right hand is up to, so it must be a government department. I live just across the road from the Sutherland office of the MSB and have been in there twice to talk about these stickers and both times was assured they would come out with the rego renewal.

Typical that the RTA knows more than the MSB in a matter like this. I drive my boat on a freeway all the time with out the car!

SNAFU is the government's business practice.

Edited by wahcat

Found out the full story

Apparently the green stickers have been sent via the ministers email system that the government uses.

It was then also sent by fax to a house via a telstra telephone line

Apparently no record of it can be found and I believe them as I have a telstra line that has the same ability to not work- surprise surprise

That explains everything.

Ok I was only joking.

The truth is the bloke who was employed to lick the back of the new stamps complained the glue didn't taste right and meet the Australian standard for glue taste and tactile tounge feel. He is out on compo at the minute but there is a recruitment drive to find someone else with large wet tounge and little taste. Unfortunately the RSPCA is no longer allowing the labradoor to to it as something about demarkation dispute and hygine after he was spotted licking his butt in a meal break.

This is a major crisis so if you know a solotion ring the crisis line 1800 28557448 ( bullshit)

Ring crime stoppers if you can identify Swordfisherman or his boat as we must eliminate these non sticker carrying illegals off our waterways.

I think my boat just became a 1997 model??

PS wife says green doesn't match the curtains and will never do - now I'm getting really angry!!!! Did the waterways not consult an interior designer. Surely they have one on staff.

Edited by pelican

I got stopped yesterday too and asked about the sticker. I know its varied but the MSB guy that stopped me was cool and gave me one and was actually more interested in the fish that we had caught than fining me. I had all the right safety gear thus avoiding any fines.

Hi Guys

I dropped into the Maritime /RTA office at Blacktown Megacentre and picked up the new GREEN " Vessel Safety Label" -. Apart from some very basic safety instructions (.05 alcohol , safe speed , lifejackets etc) it seems to do the same job as the original "Boat Capacity Sticker".

This must be the NSW government at work creating new jobs for graphic designers , colour consultants , printers, etc etc . Good to see our taxes at work for such a great cause. :1prop:

regards Bill

Hi Guys

I dropped into the Maritime /RTA office at Blacktown Megacentre and picked up the new GREEN " Vessel Safety Label" -. Apart from some very basic safety instructions (.05 alcohol , safe speed , lifejackets etc) it seems to do the same job as the original "Boat Capacity Sticker".

This must be the NSW government at work creating new jobs for graphic designers , colour consultants , printers, etc etc . Good to see our taxes at work for such a great cause. :1prop:

regards Bill

Some administration jockety read a requirement that the Maritime had to get it's "green" credentials and use his stimulus package. Don't think he quite get the right idea so now we have green stickers.

This formum content is officially carbon neutral and involved only the slight mollesting of a few electrons

No logs were burnt , trees cut down in the production of this comment

Conspiracy theory..................................................

All lables have chip in tham that will call home should you enter one of the new marine parks or sanctuary

PS Keep it quiet don't tell anyone.

Edited by pelican

Hi Pelican

I must admit it is a loverly green colour

(reminds me of some hofrrible nights drinking Green Chartruse when I was younger - we used to call them Green lizards - after 4 drinks your eyes would bulge and your tongue would drop out) :beersmile:

- Warning - don't try this at home children - should only be done by trained professionals

Ive had mine on for about 3 weeks now. The bloke from martitime seen it on the Boat and said its good to see you got the new sticker. Notting about fines if not having it; but than again why would he if we had it hehe :1prop:

Gone mine today from Maritime. Also picked up a logbook for my wife Janet as she wants to do her boat licence. New requirement now this logbook thing for learners.

realistically logbooks wont make any difference, my younger sister had 1 for her car l's and needed 50 hrs, she only ever done about 15 hrs and the rest was just made up

realistically logbooks wont make any difference, my younger sister had 1 for her car l's and needed 50 hrs, she only ever done about 15 hrs and the rest was just made up

But I am a tough skipper :1prop: All by the book. If someone is going to drive me around in a boat and have my life in their hands, I want to make sure that they are well qualified and have the knowledge to do the job.