Sp Virgin, What Should I Buy?

tafc010

G'day all, A couple of us are going boating from Appletree bay Sunday morning, first time at the SP caper. Never been an SP user before so I gotta have a spend, but I got no idea what i need.

Will be fishing from the boatramp out to Flint n Steel, depending what we can catch. Target fish are Bream, Flathead and Jewfish, plus whatever else is stupid enough to get caught :biggrin2:

ANY suggestions will be appreciated and even where to purchase from, I am not a big fan of the Kmart deal. Any local shops would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

CYA

Geoff :thumbup:

Dont know where to shop in sydney ive got no idea. But if its your first time i would start off targetting lizards as they are alot easier than bream and jews. Lures to go for would be number 3 and 4 sized squidgies in silver fox with like the bigger ball sized squidgy jigheads. This is what i used all the time when i first started with some fair success. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

I'll jump in before the bass minnow lovers do :biggrin2:

I would recommend some 2" & 3" Ecogear Paramax Grubs in plum colour. They work very well on Bream & Flatties. Also the Ecogear Grass Minnows & Minnow S in 3" are very effective. The grass minnow in pumpkin/smoke is a real favorite of mine.Australian Bass angler has deals for Fishraider members so that's worth checking out I don't know of any stores on the Central Coast maybe some of the other guys could help out.

Berkley Bass Minnows in 3 " & the 2" grubs are also very effective & have a lot of fans.

Thanks heaps for the replies so far. The Australian Bass Angler shop is only 15 minutes away so they will get my hard earned $$$ tomorrow. Thanks again and I'll try and slip in a report after the event. Since I am new to this deal are you allowed to uphold the reputation of fisho's the world over and ssstttrrreeetttccchhh

the truth in the reports??? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

CYA

Geoff

Don't go knocking Kmart they just had a 20% off all fishing gear thats a great time to bulk up on SP's, line or whatever  :thumbup:

38765[/snapback]

Just got back from Australian Bass Angler at Penrith, Mick was the salesman and the service was great, plus I knew him from my other life. I had a list taken from the great advice offered by all here and he was able to fix me up, with lots of good advice, and I got the 10% Fishraider discount.

Great deal and very happy, even more happy if we hook in tomorrow. Thanks again to all the Fishraiders for your advise.

CYA

Geoff :thumbup: