Cowan Sunday Sp Virgin (still)

tafc010

G,day, after all the help I had getting the right? SP's we set off an sun-up from Appletree bay with high expectations. After about five minutes we saw a huge commotion in a little bay and went in for a squizz. Bloody great kingfish had a school of small somethings trapped in about three feet of water. Time for the SP, I had a 3" Squidgie that really attracted the Kingies but the suckers would not hit the SP, the water was clear and we watched them chase the SP and everything else in frustration for ten minutes before they disappeared.

The rest of the day was a learning curve for me on SP, got two strong hits but no hook-ups. Went up the back of Waratah Bay in the shallows and watched many different species of fish react favourabily to the SP by chasing them back to the boat, they were only very small but still showed interest.

Next time out Anzac day for another go, still a good day out.

CYA

Geoff :thumbup::thumbup:

Thats no good at least you had fun with the kings. You will crack it soon even if its only little flathead it all sort of clicks then you will start getting them. You learn new stuff all the time on the water so let us know ur first fish on placcy. Cheers Tyrone :thumbup: