Chinaman Ljs

Juzza

I went to pittwater and broken bay last week for a fish with my family. Wanted to catch some live bait and ended up with a plague of LJ eating my hooks. Using yellowtail caught from last trip we absolutely smashed them catching 60 in about 1 hour (our bag limit).

post-6561-1248997286_thumb.jpg

They were so active that i tied a frozen yellowtail and threw it out into the water, the fish was demolished. There were so many there that i even netted about 8 of them in one go. Eventually they got a bit smarter and stayed down low. They were let back into the ocean =D

post-6561-1248997385_thumb.jpg

We moved somewhere which was calmer, which i think was juno point??? You could see a deep water marker in the distance and the opening of the bay shown in the pictures. Overall it wasnt an all too productive day, with catfish, pike eels, PJ sharks. But it was a great day, and one of the warmer days we've had in the past weeks.

post-6561-1248997426_thumb.jpg

post-6561-1248997457_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Justin

Great photos Justin! :thumbup:

More importantly, congratulations on helping reduce the leatherjacket numbers!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If every Raider did the same ... there would probably still be a couple of billion of the little buggers out there! :1badmood:

Cheers

Peter

i think i speak for all fisherman who fish then pittwater when i say thanks for taking some of the jackets

your welcome back any time and next time bring some more mates with you so you can take even more of the jackets

nice photos too the water looks perfect

:1fishing1:

Hi Juzza take a look at this wire leather jacket rig... One of our members posted the sketch in a reply post having apparently got hold of it it from someone in an amateur fishing club.

The same rig would make a good general paternosta rig using mono leader.... you could add another three standout lines to make 6 stand outs all together and then link the end of every second stand out to the one above it, having work out the length and the spacings....I reckon this would give you a tangle free triangle shaped 3 hook standout drop shot paternosta rig..... you could also use a running sinker or a running snapper sinker off the braid above the first swivel, and you could also make your own 3 hook bait jigs the same way :thumbup:

post-829-1249034546_thumb.jpg

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Juzza take a look at this wire leather jacket rig... One of our members posted the sketch in a reply post having apparently got hold of it it from someone in an amateur fishing club.

The same rig would make a good general paternosta rig using mono leader.... you could add another three standout lines to make 6 stand outs all together and then link the end of every second stand out to the one above it, having work out the length and the spacings....I reckon this would give you a tangle free triangle shaped 3 hook standout drop shot paternosta rig..... you could also use a running sinker or a running snapper sinker off the braid above the first swivel, and you could also make your own 3 hook bait jigs the same way :thumbup:

post-829-1249034546_thumb.jpg

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

above rig is spot on, but for those lazy fisho's, you can buy them pre-rigged from your local tackle shop for about $4-$5 each and they last forever!! once you've finished, just roll em up around a bit of styrofoam or i just roll em up and chuck em in an empty cigarette packet

Edited by puppydawg

well done on the jackets fishing mainly for snapper i hate the buggers so thank you for bagging out

i would like to see a jacket day on the social calander just to see if we can make a dent on the numbers

with a jacket bbq for lunch and some tribel chants after lunch to scare next years jacket invasion away

cherrs gary