Winter Inkers

squid hunter

Gday Fish Raiders,

Headed out on what was a beautiful saturday afternoon for trip on the bay. The plan was to see whether there were any inkers hangin around our spots and as the sun began to set, see whether there were any dwellers around the reefs outside that wanted to eat our 6" camo/nc grubs

Took forever to get out.. lets just say at the boat ramp that some people need to learn to undo their ropes and straps BEFORE they head into the launching lanes. Its amazing the amount of people who have no ramp etiquette. After we finally launched quickly we put alll the frustration behind us and charged out to spot A

After driving through the maze that is botany at the moment, spot A did not look promising.. It just looked like a junk zone with weed and who knows what floating through it. After a few casts my crew man Henry (The Phantom Jew) and i decided move on.. as there was a squid boat near by that looked like they had worked our area prior to our arrival and we were catching nothing but weeeeeed

At spot B we had 3 hoodlum squid in the tank in 3 casts with Henry (TPJ) prooving that his jig of choice was the way to go.. The boat was covered in thick black muck.. but it was still as satifying as ever. Its amazing when you hook these things half the time they dont know they are hooked.. but when they do, they dont come in without a fight. Winter squid are just plain beasts

post-7865-1250477739_thumb.jpg

post-7865-1250477957_thumb.jpg

After another boat caught on to what we were doing.. so we decided it was time to move on.. we had 4 thumpers for food and thought we'd try our last spot before the plastics session.. If it were summer i would have been a little angry as these boys would have been too big for king baits! But its not summer and i could already taste their freshly cooked flesh .

Spot C produced a beaut size king bait and a little jelly bean..but was slower than the previous spot.. so it was time to start the plastics as the arvo set in. We had 5 drifts we awesome shows of bait and bottom on the sounder we thought we were defs a shot at a nice red fella for the table.. but it was not to be.. Just a nice bonnie for TPJ (i got my butt kicked overall)

After our last drift we decided to call it a day as we had a big night ahead of us with our mates :beersmile: . Even though the plastics didnt do that well.. all we had to do was look in the tank to see that we had been succesful.

post-7865-1250478046_thumb.jpg

Plenty of food.. and some big heads for jewie baits.. Cannot wait for summer to start DRing again.

post-7865-1250478302_thumb.jpg

post-7865-1250478331_thumb.jpg

regards

Squid Hunter :drunk:

I wonder why you chose the name "squid hunter"? :074:

It just proves that if you know what you're doing ...

A great session and a terrific catch of "Winter Inkers"! :thumbup:

I would love to catch a couple like them to eat!

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

......I wonder why you chose the name "squid hunter"? :074:

.......It just proves that if you know what you're doing ...

Cheers

Peter

:dito: Vey impressive Squid Hunter you certainly know your squid fishing :thumbup: .....the squid laid out together seem to be another type of arrow and in some respects seem to look a little different to me than the lower winged southerns?...

Once again well done on the squid, Squid Hunter, wouldn't mind having a squid fish in the bay myself sometime before finishing off with a jew session behind them....

Did you come up from Lake Tabourie to fish Botany Bay, did you mate....Did you ever strike a bloke down there by the name of Chris Egar ? He had a place in the subdivision at the back of the caravan park... I used to fish off the island at Lake Tabourie a lot and at one time was going to buy the brick two story with the timber top on the highway just before you get to the motel...anyway I decided to buy one of the high blocks in front of the golf course at Vincentia instead...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Squid Hunter,

Thanks for taking me out, and most of all, for teaching me proper ramp etiquette.

I had a great day, both mentally and of course physically, with so many inkers that came up on my jigs.

I beat you this time SH, but next time, you have to help me catch a big King! We'll go out with RodHogger and T-Pain. :1fishing1:

Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beats workin'.

Squid Hunter,

Thanks for taking me out, and most of all, for teaching me proper ramp etiquette.

I had a great day, both mentally and of course physically, with so many inkers that came up on my jigs.

I beat you this time SH, but next time, you have to help me catch a big King! We'll go out with RodHogger and T-Pain. :1fishing1:

Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beats workin'.

No worries mate

Summers gonna be tops

regards

Squid Hunter :drunk: