Great Early Morning Blacky Session

roosterman

hi guys,

had planned to take my mate who is a blacky virgin out and blood him and met up with another mate at spot x...

now this is a new spot but we knew the fish were there in good numbers..

got my mate baited up and quick explanation and lesson on casting and were good to go..

we didn't have to wait long and downs were here there and everywhere..

the fish were at different depths but we could see them occasionally and they were thick..

my second or 3rd fish was a rocket of a down and i barely had time to strike as all the slack was taken and i was on to a seriously big brute...

unfortunately the 6lb fluro leader popped and he swam away to terrorize another unsuspecting fisho..

the school came and went over the couple hrs we fished and most downs were finicky but some were good..

i had a couple that lifted the float right outa the water and one we watched amused for quiet a while as it was dancing 3/4 out for ages.my mate was rapt in this new type of fishing and with him just returning from swaines i had to explain this was not the norm except when taken out by 2 blacky masters like paul an me :074: ..

we played around an lifted a few with a few self released and some just over/unders put back and prob got around 30 odd fish...

paul got a real good one prob around 42-45cm but my dozen i took home ranged from low 30's to 40cm and some were real thick and fit...

only 2 out of the dozen fish i kept when i cleaned showed slight signs of spawning but they are around and things will only improve on they're feeding for the next few weeks..

we had alot of luck today as mid session when i was lifting the keeper net the rope broke but were able to use 2 landing nets to rescue it all.. then if that wasnt enough at the end my mate lifts the net to bleed them and as he swings it over land the ase falls outa it.. gee the fishing gods sure smiled apon us today..was home by 10.30 for the bbq of fish from swaines and funnily enough i put a blacky on so my mate could taste it and i liked it just as much if not more than the other prized species from up nth...

heres some pics ...

while other fishing is quiet this time of yr maybe go get into some blackies as it should be pretty easy to get a feed for a few weeks at the least...

cheers...steve...

post-2219-1251029348_thumb.jpg

post-2219-1251029365_thumb.jpg

Not Fair! It should have been last Sunday!!! :1badmood:

Only kidding!! Well done guys - good to see you converting another to 'the dark art'!!

Next thing, you'll spot him climbing thru drains & mud trying to find weed!! :074:

Good thing you managed to rescue that fish bag TWICE!! :1yikes: You have a new addition to the Xmas List! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Great report Steve. Sounds like a bumper session for a novice to cut his teeth on! Two mishaps with the fishing bag and you managed to save all the fish; that's karma for ya :biggrin2: Well done on a top morning on the blackies. Look forward to your next report :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Good work on the blackfish Roosterman and company :thumbup: ... strike me pink, 30 blackfish in 3 hours :1yikes: ... I reckon when you're in top gear Stevie all you'd have to do is leave the gear behind and just stand there at lunchtime eating a salad sandwich and you'd get twenty. :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That's a very nice bag of fish you have there. Fished the Georges for 3 hours yesterday for two blackfish so small if you put them together they wouldn't have made a legal fish.

It is what you call a tough day at the office!, especially after the good bags we have taken lately!! :thumbdown:

Got to get me back into the harbour to see if those surgeons are back yet. One day I will take one of them on 6 pound.

That's a very nice bag of fish you have there. Fished the Georges for 3 hours yesterday for two blackfish so small if you put them together they wouldn't have made a legal fish.

It is what you call a tough day at the office!, especially after the good bags we have taken lately!! :thumbdown:

Got to get me back into the harbour to see if those surgeons are back yet. One day I will take one of them on 6 pound.

Were you on the boardwalk bridge by any chance? If so it was me on the other end 

What a great am fishing had a ball!!! What a shame i have to go sking next weekend in that funny white stuff .

Roberta i got my first double hookup too although they were tiddlers it was a double hookup.

Nice report Roosterman !!

I reckon when you're in top gear Stevie all you'd have to do is leave the gear behind and just stand there at lunchtime eating a salad sandwich and you'd get twenty. :D

Cheers

byron id like to say it was all class and skill to achieve it...

mmmm..yeh i think maybe a one armed leper in a wheelchair might have struggled to keep up with me but that would only be because i cheated an let his tyres down :074::074: ..

mate if you are up to it we may be able to arrange for an early morning assault on em next w/e...

i have a couple spots that are easy access and should hold them even with the crap tide next w/e..

then a bbq at my joint for lunch...

Tom ill ask him if i can post his pics as he is not a member of any fishing sites but should be ok....

this yr was the worst for a very long time as usually the huge freezer on the back of the landcruizer is choccas, aparently the cyclone a while ago really upset things and never recovered like previous yrs,this was what he was told anyways....

seacow,love the way that float rockets outa site with the sergeon bites eh... we used to get them pretty frequent at the zoo wall and was worth 2 to 1 over a blacky due to how hard they were on light gear,my cuz amazingly got some huge ones on 4 lb trace over the yrs but lots were lost along with the odd float..

Azooma... wrong waterway.... this was pittwater not georges.....

What a great am fishing had a ball!!! What a shame i have to go sking next weekend in that funny white stuff .

Roberta i got my first double hookup too although they were tiddlers it was a double hookup.

Nice report Roosterman !!

mate i left out yr great pb but bloody hell for a great moment to only get one line. :tease: ..

they were not huge but still a great effort that some never achieve...well done again mate. :yahoo: ..

it was great to experience the hot bite with ya

i will see if i can video call ya next w/e so you can see what ya missing out on :074:

cheers...steve....

Edited by roosterman

Great effort!!

You did a hell of a lot better than mt Dad and I did - i tried several spots in the harbour for not even a "down, and these spots normall produce something. Sunday had a great high tide in the morning, but try telling the fish that :(

.......mate if you are up to it we may be able to arrange for an early morning assault on em next w/e...

i have a couple spots that are easy access and should hold them even with the crap tide next w/e..

then a bbq at my joint for lunch...

cheers...steve....

Thanks Steve, a morning blackfish session with you on a Saturday and barbecue blackfish at your place afterwards sounds terrific to me thanks mate, but I'd say it would have to be a Saturday or so after the Botany Bay social on the 13th of September..... I might as well bring a beach rod along so that we can spend a couple of hours or so in the evening having a quick top of the tide beach session while I'm up that way.........

Cheers mate