Next Level

GregL

Hi Raiders

Finally the boat is back after many weeks in the shed getting upgrades done.

Holidays, and waiting for parts have been the hold up but definatly worth the wait with the finished product!

Here are a few pics.

1st couple, Next on the trailer, bloody big boat out of the water and now with mushroom on the roof.

post-3563-1252374041_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1252374058_thumb.jpg

Console, it use to have a smaller NavNet3D screen that I have moved to the front deck and the 585 sounder got sold off. I have replaced it with a 12" NavNet 3D with Hidef Radar fitted. So now I have a single screen to display it all.

post-3563-1252374753_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1252374772_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of the front deck where most of our fishing is done.

With a bream background, I got to use to having a front sounder while spinning plastics. Now snappering I wont have to walk to the back to see where we are relation to drift and reef. :biggrin2:

post-3563-1252374919_thumb.jpg

Close up of the Navipod system used to fit it.

post-3563-1252374964_thumb.jpg

Most of the other mods cant be seen light under water lights and electric reel power cables and fiddley bits. Now its "just add fish!"

Greg

Thanks guys

Definately the fishiest boat I have owned!

thats a great boat mate!!! question... how does it handle the swell? I have a 15 foot centre console and the hull is similar to yours, fairly shallow.... do you find it a bumpy ride in rough seas?

Hi Tumra

The Contender hull is amazing for it's size. This one is 28ft so it handles swell no problems. I have taken it out many times in conditions most charter boats don't even throw their lines!

My water test was done in 4m swells and we still were able to keep the boat running at over 25kn in all directions.

These seem to ride better in chop at speed so in most conditions the boat sits on 35kn plus. Fast cruise is 40kn. When it's straight harbour chop with no swell it's any speed upto WOT of 52kn.

They are a very steep hull and are a true bluewater performer that just eats chop for breaky.

Greg

Greg.

That boat of yours was easily the sexiest going around and it looks as though it just got 20% sexier!!!

Please explain that front sounder setup again? does it run off the same transducer as the console mounted sounder / display or is it stand alone?

How have those Reds been treating ya? Some good fish beng caught lately..... :biggrin2:

Greg.

That boat of yours was easily the sexiest going around and it looks as though it just got 20% sexier!!!

Please explain that front sounder setup again? does it run off the same transducer as the console mounted sounder / display or is it stand alone?

How have those Reds been treating ya? Some good fish beng caught lately..... :biggrin2:

Hey Vince

Mate it's been months since last time I had a proper snapper bash, withdrawals totally!

The Navnet screens are connected to a sounder module and both run off the 1kw thru hull transducer plus both are also connected to GPS. Only the console unit is connected to radar.

NOt sure yet if we mark the GPS on one unit will it do it on the other as well????

(every time we land a keeper fish we mark the gps.)

We use it to see depth, bottom structure and also when jigging we will know if we are still on the fish and what depths to work without all crowding around the console. We use the GPS part to see previous fish spots, where and when the drop offs are coming and track drift directions and drift speeds. All come in handy with most styles of fishing.

Cheers

Greg

Very nice Greg :thumbup:

Do they make a leccie big enough for it? :biggrin2:

Hey Icey

The 101 Minn Kota will pull it and Timmy Morgan recons they can get a shaft long enough but it will still pop out when out at sea. They need the motor clip on ones with remote.....

G

Hey Icey

The 101 Minn Kota will pull it and Timmy Morgan recons they can get a shaft long enough but it will still pop out when out at sea. They need the motor clip on ones with remote.....

G

Perfect for those stelth missions.

Greg you do realize that by posting up those photos that you have offered to take out every single raider out fishing untill you have given everyone a full day on the boat!!!!

Very jelous :ranting2:

Mate if you want to fill the tanks up from empty, your more than welcome to jump on for a day!

It's all good till you look at the bill! :1yikes:

700lt of premium please!

Greg

Awesome.

Think you need one of those stickers on the back.. Get in, sit down...etc.

And fish, Ha! Maybe after you're done just honkin' around, getting places really fast and seeing how big a dent you can make in the bank balance by burning many litres p/h.

Or you could possibly pop over to indo and pick up a few passengers and be back in time for tea.

Not to mention the getting the ladies on there.

Great rig. Happy times. Certainly lives up to it's name.

Cheers,

Jas.

Edited by peschi boi