Spot X Plus More

Ali

Hi fellow members,

i have been on this forum for a few years and have decided that people using terms like spot X, and alluding to things arent being helpful to new members. therefore i am offering advice to anyone that pm's me and giving up my spot X's to encourage the next generation of fisho's.

the rules:

*Ask anything you want

*Any info given to me by other raiders wont be disclosed

*Botany Bay is my specialty but the hawkesbury has been good to me over the years

*Jewfish and Kingfish have been my fish of choice

*RESPECT THE OCEAN AND RETURN ANYTHING UNDERSIZE

*RESPECT FELLOW FISHERMAN. THE GUY NEXT TO YOU TO MIGHT END UP SAVING YOUR LIFE ONEDAY!!!

* If you have a boat my info will probably be more helpful.

Just PM me

Ali

Hi fellow members,

i have been on this forum for a few years and have decided that people using terms like spot X, and alluding to things arent being helpful to new members. therefore i am offering advice to anyone that pm's me and giving up my spot X's to encourage the next generation of fisho's.

the rules:

*Ask anything you want

*Botany Bay is my specialty but the hawkesbury has been good to me over the years

*RESPECT FELLOW FISHERMAN. THE GUY NEXT TO YOU TO MIGHT END UP SAVING YOUR LIFE ONEDAY!!!

Just PM me

Ali

That makes me X 2...

Feel free to ask questions

Beach Fishing is my specialty- but I also do a lot of wharf fishing in Parra and Lane Cove Rivers

I only ask people clean up the beaches and wharves after themselves- the amount of garbage my friends and I clean up after other fisho's is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

PM me if you are heading out and have questions or want to meet deffierent people and try different spots

Cheers

That makes me X 2...

Feel free to ask questions

Beach Fishing is my specialty- but I also do a lot of wharf fishing in Parra and Lane Cove Rivers

I only ask people clean up the beaches and wharves after themselves- the amount of garbage my friends and I clean up after other fisho's is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

PM me if you are heading out and have questions or want to meet deffierent people and try different spots

Cheers

I fish the area's you mentioned in your very generous offer ,

Good On You ! :1welcomeani:

G'Day Ali,

Great to see your willingness to share the experience...I guess local knowledge is not given or shared by anyone and often. I have a small boat and just started fishing on Botany bay, I am mainly targeting kingfish but also like to mix with other guys(tailor,trevally,flathead & bream). Could you advise me where and what technic to hook big kings in the Bay please. I have been catching livies from Yarra bay then dropping them around Moli point but not much luck so far. Also squid is impossible to catch.....

If you could share your experience on catching kings on the bay it would be grateful.

Many thanks

Richard

Hi fellow members,

the rules:

*Ask anything you want

Just PM me

Ali

Good onya Ali,

Its great there's still people willing to share their knowledge.

I am fairly new to Botany Bay so will def contact you for some tips. If you need a couple of tips for Sydney harbour, just PM me.

Good onya guys. That makes me want to share as well, but unlike Ali, I'm willing to post my spot x------

it's actually painted in marking pen on the floor of my boat , but just slightly to the left of the rod locker -

although doesn't always fire - must be the moon or sumfing!!!!!!!!!

Tuffy O'Reilly.

More power to ya Ali.

It is a bit annoying when you read a report that doesnt even give a rough idea of the area. Having said that there are a lot of people read Raider and there is a risk of turning up next week to find that half of Sydney is following you around.

On the other hand I have a different spot, its called spot Y. After I have told you where I have been fishing and you go and give it a try you will then come back fishless and ask yourself "y" did I listen to Dave :1prop:

Maybe a thanks from people whom I have given a lot of info to wouldn't go astray either...

Dont know too many people who share their spots always but I do know a few good people, both from here and other sites sho are happy to give out good free advice.

I say thanks to all those Raiders who have asked the questions and replied with thanks, and I will be catching up with some new faces shortly and dangle a line.

Am still happy to give info if people PM me, but I prefer in some situations to take the people to the location.

If you want me to do this you have to ask, if you dont ask you will never know will you???

I too will not disclose spots that arent mine, but I am happy yo give general location details and fisho's who are good eneough will locate the spots themselves anyway.

Good luck everyone!

yea good idea on this but to be honest it will shit me if i see someone fishing in my favourite squid spot taking all the bait....... and most know that its a pain in the ass sometimes to find bait.

personally i think give ALL the info in the world and generalised discription on where to target the species (for example squid in kelp areas or kings love structure and around lots of bait.... not exact markings.....) remember its half the fun trying to find them..... i dont want every man and their dog where i fish.

yea good idea on this but to be honest it will shit me if i see someone fishing in my favourite squid spot taking all the bait....... and most know that its a pain in the ass sometimes to find bait.

personally i think give ALL the info in the world and generalised discription on where to target the species (for example squid in kelp areas or kings love structure and around lots of bait.... not exact markings.....) remember its half the fun trying to find them..... i dont want every man and their dog where i fish.

haha, I agree, but I must contest...

There are SO many secret spots these days and I detest people to doc their piccies to get out of showing the location.

I have secret spots but the good thing for me is they are ALL more than an hour away, and some up to 5 hours away and unless you are really dedicated you will not find them, even with a GPS- you just gotta know the spots and many of these palces are palces you gotta go 4WD off the beaten track or have a good boat (or know someone local who knows the area)

I not fussed on giving away spots in Sydney or Central Coast cause even at the worst times there are still places to fish in the same area- and there have been times when I have gone to my favourite beach to see 50+ anglers on the sand- but within 100yard I am getting fish and they arent- go figure.

It all about tides, moon phases, baro pressure, bait, presentation and experience.

Certainly I dont catch jewies every other day, but I sure have hooked and been smoked by some MONSTERS recently in areas that are not known to be Jewie hangouts- so right palce, right time, right tide, right moon, right bait and right presentation are ALL important in nailing good fish.

Out of the last 30 or outings (going 3-4 times per week) I have taken home 1 single fish- been smoked by 2 Jew, been bricked by 3 Jew and the rest zip...

But its all learnign and experience, you more you fish the more you knwo the area and learn when places fire and when they dont.

One thing I have learned is Parra River SUCKS on a dropping tide, Gladesville just shuts down and you dont get squat until the last 2 hours of the run up and the first hour of the drop.

I always fish high tide and never low anymore unless its from the stones or beaching where I know there is a good drop-off.

beach has been good to me for the last 5 years and I can safely say that only a handful of times have I left "my spot" with less then one fish- soemtimes I score BIG time and get Jew, Flatties,Taylor, Trevs and Bream all in s single session or over multiple sessions.

There is nothing like being on the sand, with a blankie out, deck chair, rod holders, beer and an iPod to soothe the weeks woes away- I like to think of it as my "serenity time" and thats what it is, no matter where I am, if I have a line out I just chill and I an focus outside of the box.

After being s surfie for many years on the sand first light or last light waching the gentle waves rolling in with a handfull of waxheads out enjoying the salty is just fantastic, I can just sit for hours and observe and reflect.

Ahhh... I might go for a quick session tonight I am now in the mood

It all about tides, moon phases, baro pressure, bait, presentation and experience.

so right palce, right time, right tide, right moon, right bait and right presentation are ALL important in nailing good fish.

But its all learnign and experience, you more you fish the more you knwo the area and learn when places fire and when they dont.

i agree with these comments. especially this: But its all learnign and experience, you more you fish the more you knwo the area and learn when places fire and when they dont.

so tell them a rough area and up to them to figure it all out.

Well don't tell them your spots.

But do you really think that others don't fish where you do???

I applaud those that share their info.

Well done.

i've found a spot where i've been getting kings all year round, even got spooled last monday, and ive fished around this reef and not hooked up as i have in this section..... and sure loads of boats fish the same area but im not going to say excact depth and excactly where i've been getting them unless i know u..... i'll be glad to say times caught and bait and general region..... with all the info try it out and see what happens.... its how i learnt.