Sydney Red!

VA911

Guys I am stoked!

Had a great session today. Started off very early on first light hooking a Stonker Red on my second cast. Chased it down in very shallow water and to have the hooks fall out just meters from the net. I was heart broken.

Fishing was slow for a while then it happened again.

Changed locations and on the second cast again i was on... This fish went nuts! long blistering runs on my light setup. Things held together this time and after a long battle I Landed this ripper!

my new PB Red.

Stats. 77cm and 4.5 kg

Enjoy!!!!!

post-4661-1253332791_thumb.jpg

Edited by VA911

Sorry. Caught on plastic.

The light outfit is a megabass XOR silver shadow 72ML. Basically a beefed up bream rod. Reel is a branzino and running 12lb braid with 15lb leader.

I wish I could have stayed out there all day

1 more picture.

IMG_4101.jpg

That's a nice snapper alright Vince :thumbup: I'd say you would be extremely happy with that Haines Hunter centre console.....I reckon it would be a good Hawkesbury boat to fish in when the fish start to liven up as a north easterly turns a bit too blowy for the tinnies......by the way Vince, would you have preferred to have clears for splash guards instead of a solid colour?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That's a nice snapper alright Vince :thumbup: I'd say you would be extremely happy with that Haines Hunter centre console.....I reckon it would be a good Hawkesbury boat to fish in when the fish start to liven up as a north easterly turns a bit too blowy for the tinnies......by the way Vince, would you have preferred to have clears for splash guards instead of a solid colour?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Byron. Havent fished the hawkesbury for ages. My big bream and big whiting days are now but a memory.

I plan on chasingbig kings, snapper and bills this summer from the little Haines. Will have to pick my days for Marlin but hey everyone should be doing the same.

Clears Vs Solid coloured dodgers.. Clears would be nice but the boat came with whats on it and i am keeping them till they bust. And besides i reckon it looks quite good the way it is.