Pittwater

adjustedpete

Went out yesterday in the wind for my fix. launched from bayview and headed for the headland. On the way I found the birds working just off the basin. I got all excited and raced over to find I wasn't rigged for surface action :mad3: out comes the knife and slashed the leader and sinker off my abu garcia and frantically tie on a slice. After getting the treble out of my thumb, i quickly tossed in and Im on. !0 casts for 8 tailor of 30 to 33cm :yahoo: Things are looking up. I had a good feed so I left them to it. I had fish so I thought I would try for a squid and headed to the headland but someone was already working it. I think it was a raider too. So I shot out to the front for a look but it was a bit rough and decided to go over to west head for a look. I grabbed a few yakkas and moved on to flint and steel for the bottom of the tide, which got me a donut The wind was picking up now so it was off home but for some reason :beersmile: I decided to stop at another squid spot which will remain nameless. I dropped a float out with a spike and a yakka under it thinking I will practice my squid jigging while I wait. 10 minutes later I get my first squid jigging. Im over the moon. I glanced up after getting it into the boat and I cant see my float, Damn its caught on the weed. Luckily I had lost a couple of squid last week so I didnt jag it out, I just pulled gently and it pulled back. Mmmm I get it to the boat and there it was, 40cm hood. I couldnt have asked for a better day, minus the treble in the thumb :074: Off the water by 330pm,having salt and pepper squid at 530pm for dinner.post-2999-1254518832_thumb.jpg

Edited by adjustedpete

Well Pete, it jusy goes to show. Persistance :1prop: found your phone yet

Naa no phone but I have found that I get to stay out longer without it....LOL.. PM sent.

Bass Master

Solid effort pete!

Good to see pitty is producing

Cheers Jack. your birthday present would have had a good workout. My Abu loved it.

fisher doi

g'day mate

nice feed you have there,& some nice jew bait too.well done.by the way,is that a blow up boat in your pic & did you go out in that? lol 1fishing1.gif

cheers johnny

Its a blowup trampoline that I bought for my daughter..It lasted a solid 10 minutes before being punctured.$80 bucks down the drain. :wacko:

by the way,is that a blow up boat in your pic & did you go out in that? lol :1fishing1:

cheers johnny

Its a blowup trampoline that I bought for my daughter..It lasted a solid 10 minutes before being punctured.$80 bucks down the drain. :wacko:

:074: I was gonna say you're a brave man going out in an inflatable facing choppers and trebble hooks :1prop: