Flatty Day!

diver1

Finally the wind dropped enough to go 4 a flatty flick on lake mac, a mate had been out since early in the mornen with live poddies, bait and soft plastics and got zilch so i wasnt expecting much, we didnt get out till bout 8am ,1st spot stacks of casts 4 nuthing , had a smelly old bit of mullet out drifting and the :wife: picked up a nice flounder then we headed up to pulbah island were i landed 2 nice flatties, but weather started looking nasty so we headed closer to home, went to a drop off that ive never had any luck at before , after a few casts i was ready to call it a day when i noticed a nice rock ledge drop off (water was very clear 2day) i cast my 2 inch technicolour yawn plastic at it and 1st twitch and my line takes off!! this thing turned me inside out :yahoo: wrapped me round me bait line had me running from front of boat to back!! after a while with my arm getting sore i thought 4 sure ive got a stingray it fought like a bloody champion i couldnt believe pressure it was putten me under, i said to the :wife: this cant be a flatty its just goen to strong. then i seen it :1yikes: all 3.4kg of it :1yikes: into the net and home with a full esky , awesome day.

ps heres a laugh for use, we took our gas cooker out with bread eggs bacon and all the goodies, 4got 1 thing :1badmood: the friggen frying pan :1prop: so i had plain bread just to get somethen in me guts b4

:beersmile: hehehehehehe

post-7811-1255234839_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1255234861_thumb.jpg

post-7811-1255234875_thumb.jpg

nice catch mate looks like u shot it with a air rifle with that little hole in its head.... :1prop:

brain spiked it to kill it quickly.

Great catch there mate.

Do the bigger flattys eat as good as the smaller ones???

Regards

sure do, i dont know about the real biggins, but ive had a mixed bag of flattys between 45cm and 78cm all cut up in beer batter and you couldnt tell the difference. all absolutely bloody beautiful :icon_peace: