Georges River Oatley

johnv

:1fishing1: Paul & myself went down to Oatley [ georges river] early on sunday mornin 0630 went down the river to flick our lures around for bream / whiting/ flatties/. Well we only managed a couple of very small bream which all went back & no whiting , but one very big flattie. The weather was mixed up all mornin, my mate paul had motor probs so we ended up going around most of the day on his elec motor around the edges & the sandy spots, any way the flattie went 94cm & 6.2kgs unfortunatly we had to take it home cause by the time we got it to the boat it was very tiered we tried to get it going again but the 40min fighting it to the boat cause i only used 6kg line & a whitting lure . all in all it was a great day out ,, heres the pics

cheers john

post-8889-1255333923_thumb.jpg

post-8889-1255333946_thumb.jpg

:1fishing1: Paul & myself went down to Oatley [ georges river] early on sunday mornin 0630 went down the river to flick our lures around for bream / whiting/ flatties/. Well we only managed a couple of very small bream which all went back & no whiting , but one very big flattie. The weather was mixed up all mornin, my mate paul had motor probs so we ended up going around most of the day on his elec motor around the edges & the sandy spots, any way the flattie went 94cm & 6.2kgs unfortunatly we had to take it home cause by the time we got it to the boat it was very tiered we tried to get it going again but the 40min fighting it to the boat cause i only used 6kg line & a whitting lure . all in all it was a great day out ,, heres the pics

cheers john

post-8889-1255333923_thumb.jpg

post-8889-1255333946_thumb.jpg

Holy s......

That is monster of a Flathead. Well done on battling the beast on the gear at hand. You certainly deserve a :beersmile: after that effort. Congratz

:1fishing1::beersmile::thumbup: well we ate the flattie on sun 25/10 for lunch with my mates family, cooked on the bbq + liquids and boy was it very tasty [ yum yum ] & the size didnt matter tasted better than i thought it would. we actually cut it into steak size pieces to make sure it cooked properly ..

cheers john