Pb's

WINDON

Well there are two PBs that most people have on this forum bream and bass. I finally raised the bar on both last weekend, and more stoked then ever with the bass capture. Up the local creek down the coast and second cast with an SX 40lc (after landing a 60 cm flathead on a 4lb leader....very lucky) to have it crunched by a bream,it measured 44cm to the fork, cool. Then later that day in a river no far the first bass was taken on the same lure, but i knew there where more fish there so i went to the trusted plastic and had in nailed. My PB was 42 the same as my bream with my son at 43 and 46 the biggest out of my canoe last season, well it measured 48 to the fork 50 to the tail, not bad for a native river fish. I also caught a mullet, blackfish and EP on that SX lure that day-6 species one day in total. Tight lines!!

post-6037-1255858250_thumb.jpg

post-6037-1255858278_thumb.jpg

post-6037-1255858300_thumb.jpg

post-6037-1255858417_thumb.jpg

Well done on your PBs Windon! Terrific fish & great pics! hehe Another lure to add to my collection!!

Love the blackie! Looks like he is keen on eating his own kind!!

I was surprised last year to catch a heap of mullet on Sammy Topwater walk the dog lures! First one, I thought was a mistake on the mullet's behalf ..... after 7 of them, I figured they were aggressively attacking the lures!

Gee! 6 Species on the one lure on the one day is brilliant!

Cheerio

Roberta

Top fish Windon, Nice photo's, the creek your fishing in looks great. Thanks for saying which lure you caught the mullet on, I will go & get one today as theres a stack of big mullet around in the upper Hawkesburry at the moment & I'm sick of buying them for my crab traps.

Regards Jeff

I here what you are saying about the mullet, I used to shark fish at $1.50kg times 350kg per trip I punched a hell of a lot of money through the pot. The reels are stella I have used shimano since I was in high school some 24 years ago and they are great gear and support/service no problems. The trusted plastics I use mostly are the squidgy bugs and sometimes the gulps of various types(you can see my bag of assorted gulps), but the x factor is the choice sweetener of bass.