How Much Leader?

Dangas

Hi Raiders

Just need a bit of advice regarding braid and leaders. Im new to braid lines and have just spooled up my reel with some 10lbs fireline.

I have also bought some 12lbs vanish fluro line as well which i want to attach to the fireline but wanted to know what length should i put on so that it effectively does its purpose without taking away the feel of the braided line?

Hi Raiders

Just need a bit of advice regarding braid and leaders. Im new to braid lines and have just spooled up my reel with some 10lbs fireline.

I have also bought some 12lbs vanish fluro line as well which i want to attach to the fireline but wanted to know what length should i put on so that it effectively does its purpose without taking away the feel of the braided line?

I normally run about a meter of leader.

Cheers

Hey Buddy,

What are you fishing for?

I use about 2 rod lengths when im using SP's and HB's for bream and flatties. However, when using poppers for whiting and bream, i find a shorter leader works better for the popper.

This is just my experience.

All the best,

Mike

im generally using braid with SP's for bream, flatties, trevally and tailor and fish in the bay where water depths range from about 12m to 1.5m depending on what im chasing