Kingies Going Burlistic Botany Bay

Aqua Naut

Headed out for a quick 2 hour fish. Water was bubbling and slowed about 50 mtrs from the school. Casted out gillies 20 gr whitebait slice for instant hook ups. What great fun these speedsters are on light gear. :thumbup::thumbup: The kings are all under size so they all went back in the drink :074: hooked 4 and lost several. They were all around the 55 to 60cm mark. It was an awesome sight seeing them chasing the lures to the boat :thumbup: It's a great sign and the water temp warming to 21oC it's only going to get better!!! Tight lines!!!

Hi Aqua Naut

I think i saw you yesterday in the bay. Your boat was named aqua naut and i was anchored right next to you. I didnt have any luck with kingies at all.

I had squid and yellowtail out near some marker buoys and at the drums but no touches. Caught heaps of tailor near the runways though.

Were the kingfish inside the bay or further out near the heads?

Thet were at the mouth of the bay. Moving around very quickly so you have to be chasing them constent.

Where they right in the bay or around the heads?

I know there have been quite a few caught around the heads but haven't heard reports in the bay yet.

All over the bay and out at the mouth. The kings are all under size but if you troll down deep you will find the keepers.