Botany Bay And Coogee 11-11-09

Penguin

Hi everyone,

I took my neighbour and his mate out for a fish on Wed, I heard that there were

Kings and Snapper caught recently at Wedding Cake Island off Coogee, so that was

our destination for the day. Both boys were Kingy virgins and I had promised them

Kings sometime this summer.

After we had left Botany and went north we encountered some bird activity and Salmon

busting up. Since Sabi hadn't ever caught a Salmon before, we decided to have a go at

catching a few. They were very finicky and moving around quite quickly. We managed

to bag a few and Sabi managed to get his 1st sambo, "Its the biggest fish I have ever caught"

he said. We returned the few Sambos we got except for Sabi's fish, and left the fish on the boil

and continued on our way to our original destination. Upon arrival we anchored up near

the island and started our cube trail. We managed to catch a heap of unknown Wrasse like fish

which all went back in the drink. After about an hour of not much going on Sabi looks a little

green and begins to throw up over the side of the boat. At this point a school of rat Kings

swarm under the boat, and four rods on board buckle over. Me and my neighbour Jono are now

fighting 2 fish while Sabi hangs onto the 3rd rod while he is still hanging his head over the side,

the 4th rod is still buckled over in its rod holder. I land my rat King followed by Jono who now has

his 1st ever King under his belt, only a rat at 58cm but still a 1st for him. The hook pulled on

Sabi's fish, and the 4th rod had a Trev attached to it. After this short burst of action all went

dead again, so after an hour or so we decided to head back towards the bay.

On the way back as we neared Long bay, we saw some fish tucked in close to the headland.

As we approached we could see they were Kings, and like the Salmon earlier they were a little

finicky, but we did manage to land around 15 odd. Only four went legal, the rest were returned

unharmed. We could see larger specimens below but the rats were too quick to the baits. Pilly

cubes and peeled prawns were the best baits, just about every lure we chucked at them was

followed and then rejected. We left the Kings coz the water got too sloppy and it was getting

dangerous being in so close to the headland, plus Sabi was turning green again.

We returned to the bay and dropped anchor at Trev alley#2, 20 mins into the fishing the

Trevs turned up in big numbers. Double hook ups were common and we had Trevs coming

over the side in a steady stream. We must have got about 30, we kept about 6 each for a feed.

We left the Trevs and set off for the nice new ramp at Botany and home.

The young guys were so excited at seeing and catching so many fish, and want to know already

when we are going out again.

Jono and his 1st ever King

post-1664-1257980414_thumb.jpg

Jono and Sabi

post-1664-1257980441_thumb.jpg

Jono and a Trev that took a metal lure that was left dangling in the water when the Kings hit

post-1664-1257980462_thumb.jpg

Another rat

post-1664-1257980612_thumb.jpg

Jono and a Long bay King

post-1664-1257980638_thumb.jpg

Jono and his 1st legal King.

post-1664-1257980663_thumb.jpg

Back in the bay and Sabi with a couple of Trevs from our secret spot. :1prop:

post-1664-1257980733_thumb.jpg

Fish to feed 3 families and a couple of neighbours

post-1664-1257980775_thumb.jpg

wow ... good work guys

i might try Sabi's technique and burley with last nights dinner next time the swells pick up.

I have to find out where this trevally alley #2 is... trevally alley #1 is getting abit crowded these days.

Good to see good number of decent fish can be caught inside the bay where you dont have to battle the rough seas.

hell i have no idea about any of these fishing spots in botany bay :( ive tried so many times and have not been able to find anything i ve had the worst luck in side botany ever was that in the heads or just outside?

lol ya know what sabi has the right idea each time i have caught a kingy its been withing 5 minute of spewing up over the side of my own boat hahaha I dunno about you guys but i took Kwells and they made me sick :/ minute i started with travacalm i stoped spewing and stoped catching kings i mite have to go back to chundering for kings haha

Hi everyone,

I took my neighbour and his mate out for a fish on Wed, I heard that there were

Kings and Snapper caught recently at Wedding Cake Island off Coogee, so that was

our destination for the day. Both boys were Kingy virgins and I had promised them

Kings sometime this summer.

After we had left Botany and went north we encountered some bird activity and Salmon

busting up. Since Sabi hadn't ever caught a Salmon before, we decided to have a go at

catching a few. They were very finicky and moving around quite quickly. We managed

to bag a few and Sabi managed to get his 1st sambo, "Its the biggest fish I have ever caught"

he said. We returned the few Sambos we got except for Sabi's fish, and left the fish on the boil

and continued on our way to our original destination. Upon arrival we anchored up near

the island and started our cube trail. We managed to catch a heap of unknown Wrasse like fish

which all went back in the drink. After about an hour of not much going on Sabi looks a little

green and begins to throw up over the side of the boat. At this point a school of rat Kings

swarm under the boat, and four rods on board buckle over. Me and my neighbour Jono are now

fighting 2 fish while Sabi hangs onto the 3rd rod while he is still hanging his head over the side,

the 4th rod is still buckled over in its rod holder. I land my rat King followed by Jono who now has

his 1st ever King under his belt, only a rat at 58cm but still a 1st for him. The hook pulled on

Sabi's fish, and the 4th rod had a Trev attached to it. After this short burst of action all went

dead again, so after an hour or so we decided to head back towards the bay.

On the way back as we neared Long bay, we saw some fish tucked in close to the headland.

As we approached we could see they were Kings, and like the Salmon earlier they were a little

finicky, but we did manage to land around 15 odd. Only four went legal, the rest were returned

unharmed. We could see larger specimens below but the rats were too quick to the baits. Pilly

cubes and peeled prawns were the best baits, just about every lure we chucked at them was

followed and then rejected. We left the Kings coz the water got too sloppy and it was getting

dangerous being in so close to the headland, plus Sabi was turning green again.

We returned to the bay and dropped anchor at Trev alley#2, 20 mins into the fishing the

Trevs turned up in big numbers. Double hook ups were common and we had Trevs coming

over the side in a steady stream. We must have got about 30, we kept about 6 each for a feed.

We left the Trevs and set off for the nice new ramp at Botany and home.

The young guys were so excited at seeing and catching so many fish, and want to know already

when we are going out again.

Jono and his 1st ever King

post-1664-1257980414_thumb.jpg

Jono and Sabi

post-1664-1257980441_thumb.jpg

Jono and a Trev that took a metal lure that was left dangling in the water when the Kings hit

post-1664-1257980462_thumb.jpg

Another rat

post-1664-1257980612_thumb.jpg

Jono and a Long bay King

post-1664-1257980638_thumb.jpg

Jono and his 1st legal King.

post-1664-1257980663_thumb.jpg

Back in the bay and Sabi with a couple of Trevs from our secret spot. :1prop:

post-1664-1257980733_thumb.jpg

Fish to feed 3 families and a couple of neighbours

post-1664-1257980775_thumb.jpg

hi Guys, thats a great catch there, why the Long faces :074:

Good onya Penguin, mate that was a great read, full of interesting snippets,

the young fellas would've been thrilled with fishing action like that.

Congrats mate and your a great bloke for taking the chaps out, next time

just before taking the pic give 'em a tickle with a feather get the smiles goin'..

:thumbup::thumbup: