Botany Bay Saturday 21st November

Keflapod

G'day Raiders,

It's been a long time since I posted. So long that I must have forgotten how to post.

When I finished the post, I promptly lost it !

Actually my mates tell me I lost it years ago, really, but that's another story. "What mates" you may ask.....

Well I got up at 4:00am on Saturday morning and the wind was howling. Back to bed for another hour.

Up at 5 again and still a little blowy, I checked the ever-faithful internet. It said 15knots with gusts to 19knots.

Well after I had my weatherscraptoday tantrum I thought I would go fishing anyway, using the usual self-psychoanalytical trick, that goes like this..."well if the conditions are a bit windy, there'll be no idiots on my spot". Gets my enthusiasm going every time...

I got to the boatramp at 7:00am - very late, only to find that the spot where I park my trailer had 3 cars where 5 cars usually fit. The rest of the ramp was almost empty. Well after tantrum number 2, I squeeeeezed my car/trailer between two of the cars there just to make myself feel better. Yes - I'm turning into a nutcase.....but solo fishing does that to you.

I finally put the anchor down at the princely hour of 7:45am with no-one on the spot - thank you, no more tantrums....for now

Well the fishing was slow and I was busy trying to work out if there's any truth in the theory that when the tide falls at night during the dark of the moon, that the fish gorge themselves on the running prawns and won't feed during the daylight hours. Then I noticed a group of cormorants come around my baits....Well tantrum number 3 ensued and I found myself perched on my bowsrit, wildly flapping my arms and yelling out the "Hoo HARS!" at the birds. Every boat that drove by at that time would have given me a VERY wide berth. They would not be able to see the cormorants but could clearly see the wacko standing on the bowsprit of his boat thinking he is a bird waiting to be fed !

Well it was a nice day actually and I finished up with 12 bream and a nice elbow slapper of 41cm. Pulled the pin at 1:00pm and went home to roost....er I mean clean the boat.... Obligatory pic

post-3021-1258980227_thumb.jpg

...........Well it was a nice day actually and I finished up with 12 bream and a nice elbow slapper of 41cm. Pulled the pin at 1:00pm and went home to roost....er I mean clean the boat.... Obligatory pic

post-829-1259011062_thumb.jpg Was wondering where you got to... thanks for chucking in an oblicatory pic for a change :biggrin2:

Anyway Kephlapod good work presenting bait as a lure when you found the going getting tougher :biggrin2: ... It's always entertaining to watch a soft plastics bloke or two sitting back untangling backlash out of their baitcasters in between throwing snapper leads at birds and changing from brighter to darker colours all day, :074: and then finishing up showing a huge smile and a bream from last week's bait session and then typing a paragraph or two recommending how well the outfit performed until the next model comes out :D

Well done mate, Kephalopod 10/10 backlash nil :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

:Funny-Post: that was an enjoyable read, mate! I can sympathise with you regarding the marauding cormorants, but it still would have been bloody hilarious watching your antics at the front of the boat :biggrin2: Terrific feed of fish as a just reward for your efforts. Well done!

Cheers

Hodgey