Anyone Fish Sunday Morning?

hcwang

I hit Narra again this morning at 0630 and the bar. was at 1001 and it was tough

to raise a fish.

I managed a pigeon pair of 41cm model lizards, but a long time between bites.

I went last night at dusk as well ( bar. at 998 ) for a big donut..not a thing interested in playing.

Quite a few others were there this morning ( I wonder why?) :wacko: and only saw

two other fish landed while I was there.:0

Still..two is better than none.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hey, don't dis-count a fishing day just cause the barometer is low!

My best mate and fishing companion reminds me often that my best jew to date was taken in 5m of water with a barometer below 1000! It was a short session too.

I went out this morning pre dawn in middle harbour. found mullet on the bite at the ramp, squid were easy and we got one jew, all between 3am and 6am. no action for us on the jew front aftyer sun up and the leatheries were on our case by then.

By all our experiences, the idea of a low barometer being a reason not to fish is just not worth worrying about. It's probably a factor and no doubt this can be proven, but the weather was awsome and we had a reasonable fish too, so well worth going out.

Dave

Guest Big-Banana

You won't catch anything looking at the barometer.

We snagged a couple of Flathead and a nice Flounder in 70m of water before the crew got seasick. There was more to be had.

We didn't score any Kings after about an hour of downrigging a big Slimey.