Love A Monday Fish

Piss'n'Broke

Greg put the boat in the water at the un-godly hours of 12.15am. Within 4 hrs he had 18 squid and dropped a few more before he picked me up at 4am. Got a usual dozen or so yakka then hit a fav ole spot of ours in mid-harbour, first bait down, 69cm kingy. Straight into the esky for todays evening BBQ.

Things went pretty quiet till Greg nailed himself another rat, didnt need to measure it, one glance and it was tossed over the side. I made the biggest mistake in a while, tighten up on the drags when fishing for kingys unlike jews, the only good hit I had resulted in a huge birdsnest on my TLD and alot of swearing and cussing, untangled it all after ten mins though.

Alll in all good day and 15+ lovely snap frozen squid made there way home into the freezer for next time.

Dan

D&G

PS To that un-named raider that we towed in Sunday, how bad was the damage? Hope it was nothing major , all the best

Edited by Dan and Greg

Hi guys you probably get more of a chance to do some fishing when you are not towing other people around the harbour. Thanks again guys it was the shortist fishing trip i have done for awhile. The good news is it looks like water pump drive key shat itself ,hopefully no other damage. Cheerts Laurie.