Help With Harrington / Crowdy Head

bc560kk

Hi Raiders,

I'm heading up to Harrington early in January and have never been there before. Can anyone help me with spots to fish up there. Taking my Barcrusher 560, so we have access to fish mostly anywhere. Interested in flathead, reds, mowies, etc etc and also interested in dollies and trolling for Marlin, not sure what other pelagics to expect at that time of year.

Cheers

James

hey james the first thing you need to do is drop into coast patrol at the northen end off the breakwall pay $20 bucks to regester and get the local map[there who you log in with] this map has all the reefs and gps marks for the local area

check out the pics off the boating mishaps of people trying to cross harrington bar and then launch from crowdy

crowdy fish co op for bait [in boat harbour] the small reef straight out from boat harbour jiles reef you can get your live bait from

enjoy mate you will have a ball cheers gary

post-10942-1259889123_thumb.jpgpost-10942-1259889148_thumb.jpg

This was caught off the northern breakwall at Harrington , what a great easy safe spot to fish . It was a bout 2 years ago at x-mas , around midday perfectly clear and hot , just on high . My mate big Johnno got one a bit bigger and it was his first time casting plastics for jew . His was caught just before the top of the tide . He used a big dropbear slickrig and i had a green orange and gold , saltwater sqidgy , one of those big one's that looks like it's made for tuna or small marlin . You could easy drift livies along the wall in the boat or slow troll them or a big sp or hb . Each time ive been there i see a couple locals go up the end of the break wall and chuck around a couple plastics just on the turn then walk back . The bar at harrington can get pretty messy on the outskirts especially on the run out and also if the north easter has picked up as it seems to do most arvo's up there at christmas . Keep a lookout for me if your heading out the bar at harrington over x-mas , i'll be sure to hit this spot at some stage . Dolphin fish should be around as well the one's ive caught up at Forster have been 2 to 4 kg with the odd fish aroun 6 to 8 kg , a lot of fun on light gear . :beersmile::beersmile:

When you finish fishing at harrington i would suggest a visit to the pub and try the tucker , it was great each time i've been there , and haard to drive past without stopping .

Good luck

Bubba

Hey James,

I have been holidaying and fishing at Harrington for the past 5 years (I prefer SWR but she :wife: gets more family time at Harro). I am up there in Jan (9th-23rd) this year also.

Drift fishing is very productive off Crowdy for flatties, snapper and pearlies, normally can achieve bag limits for flatties.

The coast guard maps are a good start and a decent chart plotter will also identify a lot of good ground. I am going to do a bit more fishing at anchor this year using livies also.

Anyhow if interested PM your number or Email and I can give you a couple of marks up there.

Better still Ill give 'em to ya over a beer up there :beersmile:

Cheers Dave

Edited by Marlin01

• 1 year later...

Hey guys

Have finally made the move and moved the family from the big smoke and crazy keen fisherman . Am living around diamond beach but would love to try fishing and beach worming around Harrington.. Any ideas for the newbie . No boat ... Yet!!!!

Harrington beach is a great beach to catch your beach worms

It can be addictive and sometimes we spend more time worming than fishing

only because its fun.

even my kids have caught them.

When heading from Harrington to Crowdy there is a small car park on your right,

park there with a small walk to beach and you'll find heaps of beach worms there.

It's closer to crowdy head than to Harrington.

Good Luck

Anthony