Lure Box

bigi

• 2 weeks later...

ive got lots of plano boxes,there about the size of an a4 page,clear and about 1-2 inches deep.. excellent..

1 is for bream plastics

1 is for bream hardbodys

1 is for flathead plastics

1 is for outside lures

1 is for general stuff,hooks,swivels,sinkers,

1 is for floats

there usually about $10-20 :thumbup:

ive got lots of plano boxes,there about the size of an a4 page,clear and about 1-2 inches deep.. excellent..

1 is for bream plastics

1 is for bream hardbodys

1 is for flathead plastics

1 is for outside lures

1 is for general stuff,hooks,swivels,sinkers,

1 is for floats

there usually about $10-20 :thumbup:

Yep, me too.

Hi bigi

Dont know what size lures you are talking about storing ?

I use these small double sided trays that have 7 triangular compartments on each side. They are a great size for SX 40 (or slightly larger type bream lures).

post-99-1261196870_thumb.jpg

I carry 3 or 4 of these little boxes in my "walkabout bag" which saves heaps of room compared to the Plano type boxes and allows me to store the lures by type, to a box (poppers, sub surface, minnows etc) if that makes sense.

However still use the big Plano trays for the large collection of lures that need to come with me if boating.

Cheers John

At times I find 1 set of trebles is able to hold about 20 other lures. If you are going to use this method just make sure you group your lures, all poppers, all divers etc together. Some-times they mate and you find one you can,t remember having! but with this set-up you also need a lot of patients :biggrin2:

I found a kit at+_+_) that was 4 Plano like tackle boxes with adjustable compartments that slide into a plastic box with a handle. It sits on the shelf and I take out whichever box or boxes I need for a trip. $24 seemed a god price!

• 2 weeks later...

At times I find 1 set of trebles is able to hold about 20 other lures. If you are going to use this method just make sure you group your lures, all poppers, all divers etc together. Some-times they mate and you find one you can,t remember having! but with this set-up you also need a lot of patients :biggrin2:

That's the system I seem to be using by default.

Marine carpet also works well.

When you get new shoes- the little white satchel thingy in it, if you stick one of these in your lure box, it will absorb moisture and and drastically reduce rusting/discolouration.

Good advice....my wife works for a shoe company too! Will place my order!

I have my lures in a box with only 4 compartments, they fit about 10-15 lures ranging from 3 x larger x-raps to smaller 2" models. I find the trick is to use elastic bands to pull the trebles together. This makes tangles few & far between even though I have several lures in the one compartment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bigi

Dont know what size lures you are talking about storing ?

I use these small double sided trays that have 7 triangular compartments on each side. They are a great size for SX 40 (or slightly larger type bream lures).

post-99-1261196870_thumb.jpg

I carry 3 or 4 of these little boxes in my "walkabout bag" which saves heaps of room compared to the Plano type boxes and allows me to store the lures by type, to a box (poppers, sub surface, minnows etc) if that makes sense.

However still use the big Plano trays for the large collection of lures that need to come with me if boating.

Cheers John

Great little lure boxes John and thanx for leading us in the right direction to get them too :biggrin2:

Cheers Rizzo :thumbup: