My New Boat

Dusky

Hi all

as a new member to Fishraiders, I thought I would share with you my adventure; :flying:

I have been looking around for a 2nd hand boat to buy for some weeks & took today off work to go have a serious look - looked at a couple of boats around Syd west & then up to Cowan (I live in west Syd) unfortunately they didn't have anything I could afford but some great deals all the same - then down to Windsor (same story) they suggested I try a shop in Penrith (5 min from home!)

& they had the perfect boat - a 14' Stejcraft with a Merc 40hp on a new trailer. They are putting a new Bimini- upholstery- 2 new bucket seats - re doing the lights- new front rails- servicing the motor re wiring the radio & fish finder at a good price :thumbup:

So, I am a very happy camper! :1boat: I will post some photos ASAP with before & after shots if I can

& also let you know when I christen it with a fishing trip & hopefully a pic or 2 of what we catch! :fisher:

Congrats on the new purchase Rex.

Cant wait to see the finished product and take it out for a test run. Hopefully we will be able to catch plenty of fish from it as well.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

TOO RIGHT

we will have lots to brag about ( I hope :1worthy: )

Rex ,

Make sure that when they re-do the lights, that the white light is the highest part of the boat , ie , it can be seen all round , and not obstructed by bimini etc .

Good luck with your new boat.

Ross

Thanks

I was checking out the site & found the forum on lights on the weekend - & have asked them to make sure its high enough & if I am not happy with what they have will take it to your contact in Silverwater & get it raised

R

Congrats on your first boat Dusky!!

I done the same about 4 months ago... Travelled everywhere between New Castle and Wollongong and found my boat 10 mins from home in Penrith too!!

When it comes time to pick up, do the usual... Get them to start it and let it run for a while, turn everything on and off (light, C.B etc) and even back your car up to it and check the trailer lights work (past experience) might save you a few hassals later on :biggrin2:

You have a ball and catch a bundle!!

CHeeRS

Ant

Congrats on your first boat Dusky!!

I done the same about 4 months ago... Travelled everywhere between New Castle and Wollongong and found my boat 10 mins from home in Penrith too!!

When it comes time to pick up, do the usual... Get them to start it and let it run for a while, turn everything on and off (light, C.B etc) and even back your car up to it and check the trailer lights work (past experience) might save you a few hassals later on :biggrin2:

You have a ball and catch a bundle!!

CHeeRS

Ant

Ha yep all that plus I told him that I want to go out on the river with him & if it performs the way he said I will give over the cash & trailer the boat home if not he has to load it on & drive home unhappy! :05:

Ant, all of those things where discussed with the dealer when looking at the boat, one advantage is that it is a brand new trailer, never registered so that may be a plus.

Rex discussed with them about taking it out on the water for a test run before the final payment is made and they where only too happy to oblige.

Cant wait to get it out on the water and get into some very serious fishing.

Cheers

Cath

Hi all

as a new member to Fishraiders, I thought I would share with you my adventure; :flying:

........ & they had the perfect boat - a 14' Stejcraft with a Merc 40hp on a new trailer. They are putting a new Bimini- upholstery- 2 new bucket seats - re doing the lights- new front rails- servicing the motor re wiring the radio & fish finder at a good price :thumbup:

Sound like a great find Dusky, new trailer as well.... Stejcrafts were one of the most respected fibreglass boats on the market and still and even the 14 footer would handle places like Sydney Harbour in a breeze...I suppose you have alreay thought of adding a side car to your motorbike for economical three wheeler towing and giving the stejcraft a bit of the old chooper style treatment too :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

congrats on yr first boat.. :1clap:

looks like a nice clean unit and on a new trailer :thumbup: .

now be prepared for an endless amount of things & $ to jazz her up as theres always something to be changed modified.. :1prop: . i just got my third one now and can relate to the feelings of joy ya got.

bit like the first kiss from :wife: only better :074: .

hope she serves you well...

cheers....steve....

congrats on yr first boat.. :1clap:

looks like a nice clean unit and on a new trailer :thumbup: .

now be prepared for an endless amount of things & $ to jazz her up as theres always something to be changed modified.. :1prop: . i just got my third one now and can relate to the feelings of joy ya got.

bit like the first kiss from :wife: only better :074: .

hope she serves you well...

cheers....steve....

Well I hope the boat is as good as my last first kiss & promises as much :1pash: