Out Done By The Misses On Whiting

funnierthanu

Went for a arvo fish with the :wife: in a little family comp for the christmas title of most species and biggest of each species. We only keep track of the bread and butter fish . The end total was the :wife: 6 to my 2 :mad3: . She got the f/h biggest bream an whiting and 4 species , i was floggged . All in all it was a good arvo with no rain but a bit of wind . :05: I will now have to wait till next year .post-9468-1262128787_thumb.jpg

Hey Funny,

I know the pain our women can inflict upon our fishing egos.

I took my wife (fioncee at the time) fishing for blackfish, and to meet my derelict rockhopping mates.

Mistake number one right there.... They each wanted to SHOW her how to catch fish....

Well I had to beat them off with a stick, and while I showed her how to float a bait out with the wash, she promptly gets a down and hooks a fish, which she landed amongst much applause for her and much ridicule for me. So I thought I would do it as well to prove this was a reflection on MY fishing prowess, and low-and-behold, NO MORE BITES !!!!

Well I never heard the end of it.....

That's why I fish alone.....hehehe...it's not that bad but jeez that bit of humble pie was hard to swallow

Edited by Keflapod

Hey Funny,

I know the pain our women can inflict upon our fishing egos.

I took my wife (fioncee at the time) fishing for blackfish, and to meet my derelict rockhopping mates.

Mistake number one right there.... They each wanted to SHOW her how to catch fish....

Well I had to beat them off with a stick, and while I showed her how to float a bait out with the wash, she promptly gets a down and hooks a fish, which she landed amongst much applause for her and much ridicule for me. So I thought I would do it as well to prove this was a reflection on MY fishing prowess, and low-and-behold, NO MORE BITES !!!!

Well I never heard the end of it.....

That's why I fish alone.....hehehe...it's not that bad but jeez that bit of humble pie was hard to swallow

Shame about that keflapod. I can't believe you would rather fish alone that take your wife with you :1yikes:

Why do you think that women should not outfish you :074:

C'mon boys get your act together or they may start going out with better fishermen :074:

All jokes aside take your women out fishing with you and get em posting here with their catches!

mrsswordie

Shame about that keflapod. I can't believe you would rather fish alone that take your wife with you :1yikes:

Why do you think that women should not outfish you :074:

C'mon boys get your act together or they may start going out with better fishermen :074:

All jokes aside take your women out fishing with you and get em posting here with their catches!

mrsswordie

Hi Mrs Swordie,

See my wife hooked and caught that first blackfish in under 5 minutes.

The trip lasted 1 hour before she said that we had to get home so she can wash her hair (I think).

That is now her standard so if I took her (plus my 8 year old boy who hates fishing and my 2 year old girl who seems will develop an interest in fishing), the trip will last one hour and we'll take home 4 fish.

During that hour, I'm sure she will torment me about that fateful day...

Actually, all jokes aside, I would love to have the family with me and they would enjoy it every now and then, but I would need a 30 footer with sleeping and dining facilities to cater to their needs. It would need to be moored as well and I don't have access to that sort of thing, but I will slowly introduce my little girl to fishing (she looks like Cindy Brady of the brady bunch) and I hope she eventually becomes my decky....until she eventually takes over and complains about that old fuddy-duddy daddy of hers....