Hawkesbury Muddies

ritchie

Two Gigantic muddies caught on hawkesbury 2-3 weeks ago using my home made crab traps (made with left over aviary wire mesh!!) and a $5 frozen servo mullet! They looked like some pre-historic monsters and each wouldve weighed around 2+kg's each!

post-4048-1262144772_thumb.jpg

post-4048-1262144914_thumb.jpg

Two Gigantic muddies caught on hawkesbury 2-3 weeks ago using my home made crab traps (made with left over aviary wire mesh!!) and a $5 frozen servo mullet! They looked like some pre-historic monsters and each wouldve weighed around 2+kg's each!

post-4048-1262144772_thumb.jpg

post-4048-1262144914_thumb.jpg

:1yikes::1yikes: they are awsome muddies mate, well done :1yikes::1yikes:

Nice crabs.

I also made up a couple of traps some time ago from leftover chicken wire, in which I caught a few muddies.

Then I read closely the rules and realised that the wire size was less than the legal size of 50mm diagonal measurement. I quickly scrapped them but it could have been a very expensive exercise.

Regards saltrix.

Nice crabs.

I also made up a couple of traps some time ago from leftover chicken wire, in which I caught a few muddies.

Then I read closely the rules and realised that the wire size was less than the legal size of 50mm diagonal measurement. I quickly scrapped them but it could have been a very expensive exercise.

Regards saltrix.

The wire i used is 100mmx50mm and very thick gauge (I have BIG parrots :) ) hope it is legal as it would only keep big enough crabs and not any small fish, smaller crabs etc..

nice muddies mate enjoy they will look good on the table

They did indeed..one fed the whole family as a sweet corn&crab soup and the other as a salad..very nice and fresh..cant wait to get a few more next time (even though they scared the heck outta me when i pulled the trap, they were that big!)

Very very interesting report Ritchie :1yikes: looks real good to me mate and they're nice mud crabs :thumbup: Check your pm's Ritchie, I sent a reply to your message earlier this afternoon, give me a tingle ay ...

Cheers mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thank you very much Byron..Got your PM and will call you soon!

Great Muddies. Try one as a Chilli Mudcrab next time. Wife mentions it too me everytime I hook the boat up

Ive heard about it too but dont have a proper recepie. The one i found on the net dosent have any chillies involved but tomato puree etc./.