Learning To Use Plastics, Poppers, Divers @ The Entrance

Justin

G'day

Headed up to the Entrance to visit family over the last 2 week. Took the kayak and all my gear with me as I was determined to catch my first fish on all the lures and plastics ive been buying as of late.

over the whole trip i caught:

3 sole on nuclear chicken 3 inch podgy (28-30cm)

2 bream on white 3 inch minow (20-22cm)

1 estuary perch on tan 3 inch curl tail (18cm)

1 silver trevally on white 3 inch minow (20cm)

24 flathead on a range of plastics (30-47cm) 47cm is my PB now

1 flathead on a trollcraft shrimp hardbody (36cm)

1 salmon on live garfish on a double hook rig with sinker (about 65cm)

2 whiting on a bubble pop 35 green and gold popper (20cm-ish. Both were foul hooked on the side of the head tho)

18 luderick on cabbage (30-46cm) 46cm is also my PB

Most fish were caught drifting the north side channel from the palm tree island, under the bridge, and to the north entrance wharf. The whiting were taken from the sand bar tho, and the salmon from Snapper Point. The blackfish landbased from the mouth.

Im pretty happy cos up until 2 weeks ago I had not caught a single fish on plastics. I have also learnt how use the wind as an advantage whilst fishing.

All the small fish, salmon and most of the flatheads were released except the 47cm one. All blackfish were kept and given to family and friends. I still have the big momma in my fridge tho!

post-9646-1263526947_thumb.jpg post-9646-1263526965_thumb.jpg post-9646-1263526991_thumb.jpg

great report :) grats on the PB's i have also recently started with plastics and have come home with more fish than when fishing with bait.

Plastics are addictive. Once you've caught your first fish on them you never look back. Its a new way of life - a better life that is...

You had a top fishin' holiday and sussed out plastics as well!

I'm still to be converted to sp's, I've got stacks of them in the tackle bag but have only had limited success so far. :(

I'm heading to Jervis Bay next week and you've inspired me to persist with them!

Hope I can get a few to convince me to stick with sp's.

Great catch, did you use plastic cabbage for the blackies? :074: