Any Fish Sydney Harbour Today ?

DVS7OY

Hey guys did anyone fish Sydney Harbour today ?

Hey mate,

I trolled north head majority of the day with live yakkas. Hooked a king approx 1m in length but lost him at the surface when he went for one final run and braid was cut via the prop.

Hooked another smaller king (55cm) right on north head and let him go.

Tried out colours reef but couldnt find any activity on the sounder. Other boats around us were struggling as well.

Finished of the day fishing the wedding cake marker and had a bit of fun with some undersize snapper. Average size approx 25cm.

Struggled to make it back to the ramp with all those sail boats out and about tearing up the harbour.

Regards,

Dave

Hey mate,

I trolled north head majority of the day with live yakkas. Hooked a king approx 1m in length but lost him at the surface when he went for one final run and braid was cut via the prop.

Hooked another smaller king (55cm) right on north head and let him go.

Tried out colours reef but couldnt find any activity on the sounder. Other boats around us were struggling as well.

Finished of the day fishing the wedding cake marker and had a bit of fun with some undersize snapper. Average size approx 25cm.

Struggled to make it back to the ramp with all those sail boats out and about tearing up the harbour.

Regards,

Dave

Yeah we went out for the first time chasing kings with out any luck, saw a couple chase a diver i was using but that was as close as we got.

Didn't seem to be many around today.

matt

Went to the channel marker a quarantine point. Had live yakkas and fresh squid, but didn't get any hookups. There were a lot of other boats there, we only saw about 3 other hookups between them. One guy in a tinny by himself picked up a very nice king, must have been at least 90cm or more.

Tried middle harbour, nothing, tried the wedding cakes, nothing, then finally saw a bustup on the north side but the fish were very fussy, quite a few boats casting to them but only 1 or 2 hookups for bonito. Saw some kings amoungst them.

Went to the channel marker a quarantine point. Had live yakkas and fresh squid, but didn't get any hookups. There were a lot of other boats there, we only saw about 3 other hookups between them. One guy in a tinny by himself picked up a very nice king, must have been at least 90cm or more.

Tried middle harbour, nothing, tried the wedding cakes, nothing, then finally saw a bustup on the north side but the fish were very fussy, quite a few boats casting to them but only 1 or 2 hookups for bonito. Saw some kings amoungst them.

Yea that was probably Greg. It has been a carpark there lately! Have to find your spot,, very, very early!

Dan

I had a great day on the water!!

Caught 2 bream - 30 and 32cm, 3 flathead - 33,45,58cm, 5 tailor - 25,33,35,48,50cm, 3 yakkas, 8 mullet (3poddies -15cm) - 25,30,33,33,34cm, Hooked up to 2 kings 75cm and 85cm est took me around a pylon!! :ranting2: Also caught 3 blue swimmers on a peice of mullet intended for flathead.

All land based

I had a great day on the water!!

Caught 2 bream - 30 and 32cm, 3 flathead - 33,45,58cm, 5 tailor - 25,33,35,48,50cm, 3 yakkas, 8 mullet (3poddies -15cm) - 25,30,33,33,34cm, Hooked up to 2 kings 75cm and 85cm est took me around a pylon!! :ranting2: Also caught 3 blue swimmers on a peice of mullet intended for flathead.

All land based

Hey Mate,

Sounds like you had a great day, Good going buddy.. You did better then people in boats.. and when you got home you only had to clean your rod :thumbup:

We not only did bad, but we had hours of cleaning up also.... :thumbdown:

Anyways, hopefully better luck next time!! LOL

Got one Kingie just legal @ 68cm downrigging at the colours. Got busted off at the surface on another which was bigger than the first, hard to guess how much bigger because I only caught a glimpse. Both were on live yakkas - had live squid as well which didn't get touched all day.

Tried around North head and Bluefin Point for another rat king, then stocked up on more squid and hit the various markers around the harbour - or I should say tried to. All the markers were holding schools of numbies who insist on anchoring or tying onto the markers making it next to impossible to fish anywhere near them.

Got some decent size squid though so it's Kingfish and Calamari on the menu tonight.