Tuross Heads

fishergirl

Hi raiders, planning a trip in 3 weeks going down to tuross heads never fished there before taking the boat down there, can anyone shead light light on some locations to fish whether it be ocean or lake i have a GPS on board, where to catch squid etc..etc...i will have pics and full report once back so your help is needed ....

Tight Lines All

Regards

Ange

Hi raiders, planning a trip in 3 weeks going down to tuross heads never fished there before taking the boat down there, can anyone shead light light on some locations to fish whether it be ocean or lake i have a GPS on board, where to catch squid etc..etc...i will have pics and full report once back so your help is needed ....

Tight Lines All

Regards

Ange

Hodgey one of our moderators is full of info regarding Tuross Heads. I am sure he will respond to your request

Cheers mrsswordie

Hi Ange,

Stayed down that way a few years back (Broulee), but at that time had no boat, so only fished land base.

We fished at the mouth of Tuross Lakes, we got a few bream on prawns, but there is always alot of reports of good fish (flatties and bream) out of Tuross Lakes.

Also, if you want pippies, there was plenty of those in the sand at Broulee beach.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Long

Hi,

Father in Law lives at Tuross. I was there over Chrissy. Nothing on bait but

in the shallows across from the Pickled Octapus 2-4' water there are plenty of big flatties.

I got lots even 1 of about 11 lbs. Mostly on Pearl squidgies 5" not with the paddle tail or Nuclear Chicken.

The dolphins are still in the river last I heard.

Happy hunting. Cheers Rowan

Hodgey will put you right, Ange - and with a bit of luck, you may even be able to get out for a fish with THE MAN!! He is famous for getting onto Big Flatties!!! ..... and bream ...... and whiting ..... and bass .......

Don't be afraid to throw top water lures (poppers & pencils ..... especially the sammy65) over the shallows! Even if your boat is hitting the bottom, cast as far away from you as possible & bring the lure back with a mix of gentle rip/walk the dog & pauses (even up to 10 seconds) and you may be surprised what you will catch!

Good luck - wish it was me down there with you! It is on my list to get down there this year for at least a week!!

Cheerio

Roberta

GDay Ange

I have sent you a PM with specifics, but:

- The lake is holding good numbers of flathead, bream, tailor and whiting

- The beach is fishing well for salmon

- Quality snapper and kingies are being caught offshore

Let me know if there is anything I left out of the PM or you require further assistance. Best of luck!

Cheers

Ian