A Tick When Retrieving

Mercer007

A bit hard to diagnose via posts...

I'd be checking the various springs to make sure none have come loose. It could be a damaged gear (maybe a broken tooth or something)... or a foreign body in a gear or inside the reel somewhere.

Is the ticking noise coming from the body or the spool area?

Cheers, Slinky

Stewy - you kill me! :074:

on a serious note

it depends on how old your gear is - I have an old (& I mean old) Diawa reel & it clicks on retrieve. could be a part of the way it was designed originally - I can stop it but I cant remember how - I am older that the reel guess that explains it ;)

Hi Pete, that noise almost sounds too regular, have you double checked that the handle is missing the bail arm, I remember the noise whilst fishing next to you and it may be something to double check.. :1fishing1:

Hi Pete, that noise almost sounds too regular, have you double checked that the handle is missing the bail arm, I remember the noise whilst fishing next to you and it may be something to double check.. :1fishing1:

if it is once every rotation of the handle, and at exactly the same spot, then you have a piece of something caught in the teeth of the main gear, or a tooth of the main gear is damaged. hope for the former. alan

Edited by alantani

• 3 weeks later...