Electrical Problem

Tiger Cam

Help please!

I tried starting the boat last w/e only to find I have a flat battery. Well I charged the battery and still nothing … not a sound. Lights, radio etc completely dead. I found this doobalacky that seems like it’s shorted, although it doesn’t appear to be a fuse. Can anyone with some nouse (as I have very little :wacko: ) tell me what this is and if this could be my electrical problem or what else it potentially might be?

Thanks and cheers,

Cam

post-8021-126664495139_thumb.jpg

post-8021-126664495897_thumb.jpg

Help please!

I tried starting the boat last w/e only to find I have a flat battery. Well I charged the battery and still nothing … not a sound. Lights, radio etc completely dead. I found this doobalacky that seems like it’s shorted, although it doesn’t appear to be a fuse. Can anyone with some nouse (as I have very little :wacko: ) tell me what this is and if this could be my electrical problem or what else it potentially might be?

Thanks and cheers,

Cam

I think its a fuseable link, but you will want to get it checked by a sparky

The burnt tinge shown in your pic seems to point to an electrical short or fault that has occurred. either get a sparky in or buy yourself a multimeter and see if you have any elceltrical current there. If not, i would start at the battery and work your way along the chain until you find the dead end. Hope that helps.

cheers.

Tiger cam. See your PM's

Geoff

Thanks Dusky and bisso for your replies / advice.

Embarrassingly for me the diagnosis from Geoff was a flat battery :blush: . Still it was a pleasure to meet another fellow raider and a true gentleman. :thumbup:

Thanks again Geoff for your time and advice.

Cheers,

Cam