Fishing With Chopper75 & Janet & James

arpie

Hi all

I met up with Glenn & Janet & their lovely little boy, James today - it was a gorgeous day & we thought we'd hit the water!!

Heading out

post-2231-126674506905_thumb.jpg

We found some nice water where Glenn & I were throwing pencils and poppers at some jetties and shallows, with quite a few bloops but no hookups ..... whilst Janet had a line out the back with some Hawkesbury Prawns on ...... and her rod 'went off' BIGTIME, but by the time she grabbed it, the fish was off! :1badmood:

Happy Fisho - I think Forster agrees with them!

post-2231-126674547805_thumb.jpg

Janet & young James - nearly 18 months old now! He keeps them busy.

post-2231-126674560704_thumb.jpg

We moved over to the main channel and tried soaking some baits there - I chucked some lures around & actually caught a couple of Butter Bream! had some whiting chasing lures too, and had one on momentarily before falling off, mid air! We could see fish all around us (the water was clearing as the tide rose higher) and big blackies along the washboards ...... but we couldn't hook any. Glenn had one particularly good run, but he got off! :(

Their boat is a beauty! Terrific not having to hassle about dropping & picking up the anchor! The anchor winch is brilliant! The leccie worked well when we were casting to the jetties - everything worked well, except for the fish jumping onto the hooks!

An interesting boat went past ....... one that has 3 hydraulic wheels (1 at the front & 2 at the rear), which enables it to be 'driven' to the water (the owner has a waterfront property at Coomba Park.) It is a NZ invention that has gone worldwide - brilliant for countries that have lots of floods, for saving people etc

post-2231-126674604804_thumb.jpg

Janet drives the boat back to the trailer for loading up.

post-2231-126674568228_thumb.jpg

Before Glenn & Janet arrived, a guy had just arrived in from fishing and had a whopper flattie in the tinnie! It went about 90cm

post-2231-12667461763_thumb.jpg

My hand is fully stretched across the flatty's back.

post-2231-126674623588_thumb.jpg

So these pics show the size that some of the flatties grow to here!! It went just over 6kg! A big fish in anyone's book. I know that like me, most Fishraiders would put fish this size back after a quick pic ........ but he was absolutely stoked, as it was his first ever big one, and remember, you ARE legally allowed to keep 1 over 70cm. Maybe, one day the rules will change to Qld's where NONE over 70cm can be kept! If you think ALL fish over 70cm should be put back ....... I suggest that you write to your local MP!

Many thanks for the great day out on the water! Looking forward to the next one, already!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

It's fantastic to share time on the water with other people... makes any day memorable, even if the fishing is a little slow. That boat on wheels is a great idea... imagine the looks at boat ramps :biggrin2:

I think the key to the bag limit up here in QLD is that it's a 'slot' limit. Duskies have to between 40 and 75 (increased this year because the numbers of big flatties have increased so much since the introduction of slot limits). This protects the breeding fish and also the population of replacements.

I don't begrudge people taking a legal fish... particularly if it's a milestone for them... but like you, I'd encourage Fishraiders to let the bigger ones go... they don't taste as good anyway.

Cheers, Slinky

Nice report Roberta, would've been great to catch up with Glenn and Janet, I think I remember a post by Chopper in regards to new baby, time really fly's.

A top day out on your beautiful waterway.. :thumbup: