Are The Bungs In

dunc333

just wondering if you have left your bungs out and you have already motored for awhile is it better to go wot ,will the water come out,or head for the nearest beach straight away and try and drain that way .any thoughts on this.ps i have only ever left bungs out at ramp and realised before leaving. :1yikes:

I almost coud say that I do that regularly.

THere is a nice beach, just a few 100 meters to the left, at Roseville Bridge, which

I use "regularly" to put the bungs in.

Good thing is that being lighter then Water they kinda get "pushed in" and I dont have

much water in the boat. Even when I turn the bilge pump on there isnt much water -if- coming out.

just wondering if you have left your bungs out and you have already motored for awhile is it better to go wot ,will the water come out,or head for the nearest beach straight away and try and drain that way .any thoughts on this.ps i have only ever left bungs out at ramp and realised before leaving. :1yikes:

No big deal mate , I have done it a couple of times over the years . You don't get any water in while on the plane ( not a drop) . when you stop thats when the water comes in . I remember once I was at the peak fishing for about half an hour when I realised , the water was over on the carpet . I put the bilge pumps on , tried to rech over to put the bung in i couldn't reach so in the water I go and bung is in ,

yes i am also guilty of forgetting to put in those the 20c bungs... awfully embarassing as you drive your car from the ramp and park it

only to return to see your pride and joy listing at the wharf while others look on with a wry grin. i once went out with a mate who had a tinny. i headed out first and waited further down the bay for him to follow. a short time later he came roaring by and didnt stop... i was completely confused and thought his throttle was jammed. i then preceded to pursue him and after a short time caught up and signalled for him to stop to which he waved and continued to blast down the bay. i had a hard time keeping up and finally i caught a glimpse of a boat beached on a sandbar. i casually motored up to the beach and asked him " why the hurry, i didnt know it was a race" to which he replied, " forgot to put the bungs in and she was sinking as i went through the channel so i had to go flat strap". fair explanation for mine!!! therefore, we all have some sort of sorry story of plight that we would rather forget, however we were lucky enough that we could share the tale and laugh about it at a later time. i hasten to point out that i have never, ever, since then forgot the bungs.. ever!!!

Cheers

Mick

havent had a real drama with the bungs but have had the pickup for the bait tank open from last time and the bait tank plug out. so you're slowly pumping water into your own boat as you run from the ramp.

got to about juno and the boat starts to porpoise, and im looking at the waves,changing speed,trimming all over the place, before i look down to see a what tackle floats and what tackle sinks in a foot of water against the transom.

I left the bungs out once and cruised down Curruimbeen Creek towards JB, had Father in law and both Brother in laws in the boat. I beached it and replaced them, FIL kept smirking and took a heap of photos to be able to take the piss out me later. Only problem was when we returned to the ramp from JB he was at the helm and hit a cruiser and wrote my boat off! He has never said a word about me forgetting those bungs again!

edit i have done it a couple of times since but never got past the ramp.

edit i have also done it a few times again, usually when i get "help"

Edited by achjimmy