Lake Macquaire ,the Swanse Chancel

customcasting

when up to fish swanse chanel on last saturday night as i fish once a year for the last few years ,I plan it and fish quite hard ,this trip i planed to use fresh green prawns as the moon was in a good part of the sky late that night ,the prawns were used to target bream and whitting ,rod was an old 9 foot black fish blank i bult 30 years ago reel 2500 shaimno bait runner ,4 lbs line with a pink tinge to it ,not sure as it been on the reel for at least 20 years ,with abit of moon around late i thought there would bee some good tailor around early in the run out around dark ,i took some gars that i caught at avoca over the last few weeks ,15 lbs 4120 bt and a 60 a alvey the gars were big so i whet 5x 50 gangs ,the fish were good better than the last two years trips ,fished till i ran out of bait ,as i keep count on what fish went in the esky and when i baged out on that fish the rest of the speices were put back,out of 50 gars and 1.5 kg of small fresh green prawns i kept my bag limit of bream ,tailor ,whiting and 1 flathead, some may thihk its over kill but this year ill only fish the estury one more time for big green backs in brisbane waters in 6 odd weeks .

URL=http://img692.imageshack.us/i/img0289ue.jpg/]img0289ue.jpg[/url]

img0291d.jpg

awesome haul there mate...do a bit of fishing in lake mac and heading up there in a couple of weeks..havent had too much luck in there yet apart from a big flattie....do u just drift up and down the swansea channel or up round the sand islands....

around the sand flats near the island ,i forgot to say i used a fair bit of bearly ,bonito about 8 fish thru the bearly bucket

G'day CC,

nice bag of fish - not everyone can get a bag limit of 3 species in one night.

And two other people beat you ?

What a fishery that must be...

You gotta come over to Botany Bay and show me how to fish the nocturnal hours.

The daylight hours, while producing plenty of fish, has it's fair share of heroes who like to drive past me at 25 knots and 10 metres distance - cutting my lines and ruining my day.

I think the night would be more relaxed and tranquil....

Mmmm - whiting fillets fried in egg'n'breadcrumb....

Now we're talking...

Tony

it dose fish quite well in the chanel if you bearly and put in the efort ,brisbane waters fishes alot better ,bigger tailor ,heap more mullet ,

no whitting fillets left only bream fillets ,the tailor went on the bbq at work over two lunches ,

I dont fsih mullet this time of the year as there has been a few south westley ,and you what that means .

it dose fish quite well in the chanel if you bearly and put in the efort ,brisbane waters fishes alot better ,bigger tailor ,heap more mullet ,

no whitting fillets left only bream fillets ,the tailor went on the bbq at work over two lunches ,

I dont fsih mullet this time of the year as there has been a few south westley ,and you what that means .

Hey CC, great effort mate, but I'd expect no less from you.

Say, When you going to teach me a few tricks in the Brisbane waters.

Cheers

Pete

its the the first sing of the changing of the fishing seassions ,they run to sea and go of the bite in westly winds . it is also time hit LTS on rocks when the wind gose sw overnight night after night ,bream on the northen of most beaches ,southen end if there is a lagoon ,