Queensland Social Day

Ken A

Hi all,

I have yet to surface my ugly mug but have been watching this thread and was going to come down if I felt well enough. Whole fam have had a cold all weekend and felt like crud. How did everyone do. Was it a good day or a bit ordinary. I've heard froma few locals that the sand bank from bribie opposite bulcock beach has been sporting some whiting on high tides.

Cheers

Joe :risata:

I think the finally tally was 17 bream and 1 flatty, with Ken acconting for half (9) of the fish caught. Gaven (Bankso) got 4 breambos and a lovely lizard that went 59cm, Rainbowrunner persisted with the chucking SPs around and got one in the end, I managed 3 the biggest of which went 32cm.

All in all a great day and nice to meet a few more Fishraiders. Mike and Beefa ... ya missed out boys .... conditions were good, the company better, and the :beersmile: tasted great.

Thanks all,

Herby

JD,

Probably a 50/50 split between SX40's and SX48's ... the extra distance Ken was getting with the SX48 was helping him account for a few fish that others using the lighter SX40 just couldn't reach .... maybe it had something to do with his mighty Shearwater St. Croix rod :1prop: .... who knows!?!?!? :badair:

Only 2 fish fell to Soft Plastics ... the flathead and one of the bream. :1yikes:

Herby

p.s. JoeM .... there'll be another one soon no doubt so come along next time! :1fishing1:

You wrote:

Welcome to the site JoeM  :1welcomeani:  :1welcomeani: .  You live on the Sunshine Coast ??

49818[/snapback]

And then I said:

Work in caloundra and live in Conondale. Just behind melany for the uninitiated.

I've got a 4.5 metre Stejcrart with a 1975 40hp evinrude. Not fished much up here yet. Been in the area for about 8 weeks. Moved up from Redland. I used to fish in and around southern moreton bay. Never has resounding luck. Occasional bream or flatty and sting ray. :thumbdown: More of a boatie then a fisherman.

Went out with a local the other day to "twelve mile" and had a good day. Brought in our legal quota of Pearl perch and I caught a nice Cobia. I've attached a few pics from my trip.

Anyhow I'm keen for a weekend night time fish if anyone wants to pair up of if your organising another trip.

So who is this Ken and whats his secret to catching 9 fish.

Cheers

Joe

post-761-1117618683_thumb.jpg

post-761-1117618836_thumb.jpg