Queensland Social Day

Ken A

I was thinking of having a social day for the Queensland members in about a months time when the Bream are running a bit better if any of you are interested.

I'm looking at a mid morning tide so we could have a land based Bream spinning session from around 9am till 12.00 & then a barby & a beer or 2 at the picnic tables near the Caloundra Powerboat Club.

Everyones welcome so put your name down here & we'll see how we go :biggrin2:

I'm definately in Ken. I'd say the girl will come along as well and sunbake :1yikes: or just keep an eye on the ice cold brews in the esky whilst we knock off a few bream. I'll drag Jeffo along as well, altho no doubt he'll be kicking and screaming about having to fish for a poor man's fish. :1prop::1fishing1:

C'mon all you Queenland Fishraiders!!! :yahoo:

Herby

Yeh I'll be the "guide" for the day :biggrin2: Guide you to the fish without treading on a ray, show ya the best spots , point ya back to the barby table , drink ya beer for ya , eat your food also :biggrin2:

Probably be in 3 or 4 weeks time depending on the fish. Best to wait until they arrive properly & then everyone is pretty well assured of getting a couple fish at least.

I'll volunteer to keep fishing every day to monitor the spot in the meantime :biggrin2:

Guest Mike.L

sure your up to the task, that sounds like a real burdon :(

Best we set a date soon so we can all clear the date or itll end up yet another barbie at the in-laws :1badmood:

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few Bream, Flatties & Garfish about so it looks like we should get a fish or 2.

I'd suggest getting together about 8.00am at Monash Street Park in Golden Beach Caloundra. X marks the spot :biggrin2: on the map.

If you intend spinning for Bream there is wading involved so swimmers or waders will be handy. For the lunchtime barby its BYO food & grog.

post-1-1115260614_thumb.gif

At this stage with the weather forecast for the rest of the week looking like it will bugger the fishing unfortunately.

Postponing the day may be a smart move. Or we can still meet up for a beer / barby & a chat.

Let me know what you want to do people.

Postponed

I think its best to postpone this for a few weeks. The water has dirtied up a lot & is affecting the fish. The wind is forecast to be 15 to 20 knot Southerly as well.

How about holding it Sunday 29th May ?

The fishing will be much better by then & reliable. The water is shocking colour today & trust me guys postponing it was the right thing to do.

I got something right :biggrin2: - even though it was something bad.