Avoca Beach Sat-Sun Over Night

DGF

Hey guys :D

Went to Avoca again this weekend since there was no Scuttling, got there around 12pm as i got to the ledge i saw team bangus :) started fishing along side em and saturday for me was a no go for any fish however Robin managed to land a nice FAT mack tuna (pics at end of post), after a while Rommel mentioned he was going to stay for tailor so i decided to stick around as well as the tailor started biting Robin was at a small spot landing some NICE calamari, i managed to get 2 tailor as well as a few loses.

Went back to the car for a nap got up just before sunrise, and hit the ledge for a spin and RayR pops out as well :D and we were all spinning away and im pretty sure i got the first bonny of the morning and then they were on everyone getting hits from the bonito, managed 8 before i stoped and went around to check what else robin caught while squidding again in the morning and he scored another 5 calamari, then packed up n headed for home as i was worn out haha pics below!

med_gallery_11828_505_1101755.jpg

med_gallery_11828_505_1706971.jpg

med_gallery_11828_505_1023267.jpg

med_gallery_11828_505_558250.jpg

(originals in gallery)

Well done Aaron, good to see things are still on the chew, yeah I had a shocker, 58,000 strikes and no hook ups, I should've down sized my plastic me thinks. Congrats on a fun sesh mate and some good shots too of your catch and Robins mack.. :thumbup:

hi Aaron

Just an idea mate if your fishing the same spot both days off the weekend alot You should buy yaself a van and put a bed and 12volt fridge in it. Since i brought my van its great i can go fishing at the same spot for days without wasting petrol travelling back and forth, i can sleep and eat when i want. The 12volt fridge keeps my catch fresh and keeps my beer and food cold. Just park near a public toliet as it saves crapping in the bushes at night :1prop:

I've been getting bonnies at 60+, but a friggy that siza is unreal!

Top stuff!

- I was going to go out Saturday morning too since the scuttling was canned, but we stayed up till 4:30am on the cans the night before...

Needless to say, we didn't even bother trying to get up...

I just wanted to ask, what are the main catches usually during this season?

I went over to Avoca and it was choca block full of fishers starting from the night, but we only starting hooking things up in the early morning (sunrise) bonito's and frig's... any one else catch anything apart from those 2?

Thanks guys.

I just wanted to ask, what are the main catches usually during this season?

I went over to Avoca and it was choca block full of fishers starting from the night, but we only starting hooking things up in the early morning (sunrise) bonito's and frig's... any one else catch anything apart from those 2?

Thanks guys.

Saturday night I managed 2 legal snappers, salmon, a fewe trevally and about half a dozen tailor.

The fishings been a little funny latley, funny peculiar, not funny ha ha.

Was good to meet you Aaron, and nice to see team Bangus also.

Cheers

:) cheers guys

Good to meet you too Mercer007

Super Fisher; heaps of different species are caught there, at night the tailor were going nuts a guy next to us chasing tailor landed a 40cm snapper on float with ganged pillies as well, there is also a fair amount of kingfish, salmon, bonito, bream, blackfish ( when the waters rough and there is weed floating around) heaps of yakkas, squid, bream, flathead as RayR can confirm :) also yellowfin and bluefin can be caught ive had a run from one but could not stop it.

:) cheers guys

Good to meet you too Mercer007

Super Fisher; heaps of different species are caught there, at night the tailor were going nuts a guy next to us chasing tailor landed a 40cm snapper on float with ganged pillies as well, there is also a fair amount of kingfish, salmon, bonito, bream, blackfish ( when the waters rough and there is weed floating around) heaps of yakkas, squid, bream, flathead as RayR can confirm :) also yellowfin and bluefin can be caught ive had a run from one but could not stop it.

Might have to set a date and go out with you guys!!!...

everytime im there, i seem to catch only bonnies and some frigs.... nothing other than that....

is any one going to be there this long weekend???

Might have to set a date and go out with you guys!!!...

everytime im there, i seem to catch only bonnies and some frigs.... nothing other than that....

is any one going to be there this long weekend???

I think you will find the swell will be there with a bit of east in .