Yellowfin!

herbmozo

Hey Raiders, left botany yesterday around lunchtime. Headed out wide looking for YFT and we found some alright. Quadruple hookup, utter chaos. Dropped one but landed the other 3. 2 about 35kg and one at about 40kg. Our first trip for YFT and we struck gold, bloody amazing. Will post some pics later today. Cheers

Nice work on the fin! Well done.

I reackon browns might be a carpark this weekend.biggrin2.gif

As Mike from Reef Magic said head dead east about 5nm from Browns. There were loads of garfish jumpin out the way so mabye mirror a couple in your spread. You won't find me out there on a weekend, too many weekend warriors with no idea of what they are doing and no idea of courtesy!

Thats awesome, well done.

we were out yesterday and couldnt turn a reel, we found the garfish all over the place but it just didnt happen for us.

Were you using skirts or minnows etc.

Both! I think they were that ravenous they will take just about anything! What time were you guys out? We hooked up about 3.30pm.

We went out yesterday (Wed) found 3 big schools of sauries and a school of flying fish

only tuna we hooked were stripeys on skirts but the gold halco trembler untouched

trolled south of Browns

found dolphins and birds on the way back but they were heading south east, it was just

a bit after 4pm but fuel was low so we didn't chase them

better than being at work :thumbup:

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

Hey Raiders, left botany yesterday around lunchtime. Headed out wide looking for YFT and we found some alright. Quadruple hookup, utter chaos. Dropped one but landed the other 3. 2 about 35kg and one at about 40kg. Our first trip for YFT and we struck gold, bloody amazing. Will post some pics later today. Cheers

post-10912-127132589841_thumb.jpg

post-10912-127132590551_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah too, GO THE BUNNIES!

Edited by herbmozo

yes we found the sauries as well and the flying fish , we scored a yft nth east of browns fin was just 6kg so a little jelly bean also hooked a massive strippie tuna 9kg , did you hear about the boat that ran out of fuel out at browns?

Took them till 8pm last night to get towed back to syd harbour last night.

We also found bait on the shelf at 5pm getting smashed but the nth easter was blowing up.

cheers john

Browns wouldn't be my choice of place to run out of fuel

and there was only about 4 or 5 boats when we left a bit

after 3pm

seems like we went the wrong area by heading south

we would have been happy to have got a jellybean so

Herbmozo and his crew most be over the moon with a

scoring 3 out of 4 .. well done guys

Chris

well done on the fin :yahoo: .

i was out there as well and it was pretty quiet for us..

lost a good king to jackets at 12 on way out...

we went NE of browns then SE and found those souries but nothing feeding on em.

water was too warm out wide and not alot of chatter on radio so that makes yr catch even better herbmozo :yahoo: .

mike were you out there and howd ya go..

cheers....steve.......

I understand if people have engine troubles but to run out of fuel is a joke! So irresponsible! It's unfair on the guys who have to tow you in, its 1.5hrs in at 20knts so if you could tow them at 10knots would be a 3hr trip!

We had to tow some guys in whose engine broke down just outside botany heads when we were coming in which is fair enough.

I'm always happy to help people out but fill your tanks and always take a bit extra!

Anyone heading out good luck, tight lines.

post-10912-127132589841_thumb.jpg

post-10912-127132590551_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah too, GO THE BUNNIES!

can i ask if it is ok,

in what position did you put and run the bibbed minnow in which caught the nice fin and how far out from the boat did you run the minnow?

It is a Halco laser pro 190 2metre with the hooks changed to singles. Ran it short cornerish, probably about 20 metres back?

We hooked 3 on skirts too.

Nice fish there mate orsm. I fished saturday just before browns found a temp break of 1 degrees Instant hook up. Pulled the hooks after 2 mins, Mind you this was at 7am. So keeped trolling around for nothing. Headded east of browns found the fin jumping out of the water. Hooked up :yahoo: landed 22.5kg (weighed). My first ever yellowfin. Then nothing all day till found a current line on the shelf, on the way back in Dollie after dollie, Biggest 93cm's. And a marlin just swimming around the boat while we were catching them but he didnt even look at us, i almost ran him over he was that close.

Cheers Benny.

Bender/Anakiwa..