New Boy To Harbour Blackfish

rickster

Hi, after communicating through the site, Daniel (woodchop) and I organised a get together to chase some nigs in the harbour. Daniel has fished the rocks for them but the harbour was a first for him. I did promise some fish for dinner and Daniel replied that if we don't get fish then it's my shout at the markets. Got to first spot around Pyrmont earlier that Daniel so thought I'd get a couple in the bag before he showed up. Half an hour later hadn't looked like getting a down and started worrying about the promise I'd made. Have I got time to do a runner, giving some excuse about an emergency at home. Too late, Daniel's arrived. Soon after so did the fish. Within an hour or two, Daniel's broken his harbour virginity and we've got 8 good fish in the bag. As can happen the fish disappeared. Time to do a bit of exploring so we headed to a spot at Balmain that I haven't fished in years. Fish straight away, even hooked two surgeon,one for the good guys(landed) and one for the bad guys(busted) :ranting2: . Gave it away about two, ended with another seven fish at this spot giving us 15 in total. Thoroughly enjoyed the day, Daniel is a very keen fisho and willing to keep learning. As far as weed goes, there's still plenty to be found if you do a bit of exploring. PM me and I as to where to look but forgive me if i don't tell you exact spots etc.

Rick

post-11436-127232393357_thumb.jpg

Had an awesome day out with Rick, can't thank him enough for taking me out for a fish. I have a new found love for harbour blackfishing, there is so much more finesse about it then off the rocks where 9 times out of ten its smash and grab. There is still a lot more for me to learn about harbour blackies except netting which I became an expert in within the first hour or so fishing, by then end I felt like I might have had to teach Rick how to handle it :P. A very enjoyable day out i'd reccomend anyone who gets the offer to join Rick takes him up on it. One word of warning he can get on your nerves when your float is next to his and he ends up with the fish! Lol that shows why he is the teacher. Next time we head out I'll get you a slab of boags premium for you troubles. (Just baiting him up for a reason to take me again ;) ).

Daniel

Edited by woodch0p

Had an awesome day out with Rick, can't thank him enough for taking me out for a fish. I have a new found love for harbour blackfishing, there is so much more finesse about it then off the rocks where 9 times out of ten its smash and grab. There is still a lot more for me to learn about harbour blackies except netting which I became an expert in within the first hour or so fishing, by then end I felt like I might have had to teach Rick how to handle it :P. A very enjoyable day out i'd reccomend anyone who gets the offer to join Rick takes him up on it. One word of warning he can get on your nerves when your float is next to his and he ends up with the fish! Lol that shows why he is the teacher. Next time we head out I'll get you a slab of boags premium for you troubles. (Just baiting him up for a reason to take me again ;) ).

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, you're the one who called himself "Net Boy". Biggest thing to remember is bait presentation. Don't ever give the fish a reason NOT to bite, and as I said, we're not gonna run short on weed.

Thanks Daniel, you're the one who called himself "Net Boy". Biggest thing to remember is bait presentation. Don't ever give the fish a reason NOT to bite, and as I said, we're not gonna run short on weed.

Rickster thanks for showing "raider spirit". There is something special about showing someone else how to enjoy our favourite pastime thumbup.gif

Good work biggrin2.gif

mrsswordie

Haha but you never disagreed! :P I'll keep working on the presentation and hopefully next time I will give you a run for your money.

Daniel

Hey boys ,nice work.

Daniel,

Next time Rick is watching his float,whip out the braid scissors and snip his line close to the reel and that way he will be out of action long enough for you to get a few fish ahead 074.gif

Cheers Stewy

Hey stewy,

I think even if I snapped his rod and pushed him in the drink I would still struggle to catch him, he sure is a master of the blackies. Might have to do the croc dundee and bring some dynamite :P .

Well done Rick & Daniel - great to see new blackie fishos coming thru the ranks!! It truly is a great sport fish & most folk are amazed at the awesome power that they have, especially when they get up over 40cm!!

Keep those reports coming

Roberta