In Training For Upcoming "challenge"

rickster

Beautiful conditions so couldn't resist another go at the harbour blackfish. Now in FULL training for the upcoming blackfish "sledge-athon" so Greg and Stewie, it's not too late to back out.

Met up with Steve and "Net Boy"(Daniel) on Sunday around Hunters Hill. Fishing was a little slow early but that was to be expected. I mean how was any fish supposed to see in that fog??? Fog cleared and fish started to find us. Steve was having an unusually unlucky day. Had half a dozen or so in the bag but dropped at least that many as well. On top of that get a phone call and bang, needs to drop fishing gear, pick up tools and do an emergency service job. Not a happy chappy :byebye: . Anyway, Daniel and I braved on and carried the team. This was only Daniels third trip into the harbour and he continues to pick up the finesse required. Still a bloody good net boy but bugga is forcing me to return the favour. End of the day, we ended up with 25 nice fish, would have got more except for Steves departure. Gave a few to a guy and his son and the rest were put back to hopefully fight another day.

Ready to go back in the water and Net Boy onto a nice fish

post-11436-127285721418_thumb.jpg

post-11436-127285756967_thumb.jpg

Well done! Amazing bag of blackies! Even when you DO put them back, it is just so much fun catching them again, eh? Some people find it hard to understand that sometimes, you just fish for the fun or sport of it! :biggrin2:

Is there a date for this 'challenge' yet??

CHeerio

Roberta

Well done! Amazing bag of blackies! Even when you DO put them back, it is just so much fun catching them again, eh? Some people find it hard to understand that sometimes, you just fish for the fun or sport of it! :biggrin2:

Is there a date for this 'challenge' yet??

CHeerio

Roberta

No date set as yet as far as i know. Have you had a chance to try out the floats yet and if you like them, where's my 6 bucks?

Was a top weekend out with Rick, it always seems I'm in with a fighting chance for the first hour or so, then I get to the point where I forget where I sat my rod and start trying to cast the net. But at least I can have a laugh when Rick tries to net my fish... such an amateur! Oh well he will learn how to handle it one day. Here's a photo of our catch from Saturday at Pyrmont, tougher day then Sunday but still ended up with a few in the bag. Rick if we get a chance on Friday I'll catch up with you as I should have some weed from my mate which you can test, I'm working all this weekend so no fishing for me :1badmood:

post-8375-127288116603_thumb.jpg