Pittwater Kings

fishergirl

post-5566-127365382694_thumb.jpgHi all i couldnt get out with the hubby and stepson for monday and tuesday's fishing they had a ball they went to try a spot in pittwater that always produces for them that they hadnt been there for a while, monday started of with drifting with livies and not even 5 minutes and bang they were on the kings had not let them down with a 7 kilo hoodie dragged on board then the next drift losing one they had said to be bigger over the 10kg mark losing at the boat smashing the big landing net we always had to land the smaller kings oh well lost at the boat the fish earned his freedom they tell me they got busted of with the 40pound braid 60 pound leader they were using another 5 times so monday they ended up with 2 good kings and 5 bust off's tuesday they landed another 3 kings biggest going 11 kilo along with flatties garfish and a nice 6 kilo jew plus a blue swimmer and 3 good salmon they are not much into taking pics or measuring fish so here are some i got permission to put on here hehehe the kings are out there all i can say is look for the baitfish they are schooling up..... Edited by fishergirl

great work on the kings

that spot has been a good producer for me too

i lost a monster fish there a few yrs ago while flicking plastics on the silly string after a good 40min fight she did me on my prop

cant wait to get out on the water

Edited by Framedtrash

looks to me that we have the same trend as last year.

The big Sydney Harbour kings ( fish between 88 and 105cm ) left on the 27th of April. Well, 73 of the 74 fish that were tagged with a radio transmitter all pasted North Head on that particular day.

Then Pittwater fired up for about a month afterwards.

I know where i'd be fishing this weekend.

Wrinks

hey Wrinks, that is fascinating information - where did you find this out, and is there anywhere online that shows the movement of these kings over time? I'm really interested in what happens to kings once they leave the inshore reefs after summer, but before they start schooling in numbers on the outer reefs. Got any theories?

Great fish in the original post btw!

Quality fish you posted... However I'm not sure if I shoud feel jealouse or excited as of late I have had no luck out in the Pittwater but yet your post has made me think that on my next trip I could possibly get one of these suckers... Haha... Cheers for the post and lift in hope...

looks to me that we have the same trend as last year.

The big Sydney Harbour kings ( fish between 88 and 105cm ) left on the 27th of April. Well, 73 of the 74 fish that were tagged with a radio transmitter all pasted North Head on that particular day.

Then Pittwater fired up for about a month afterwards.

I know where i'd be fishing this weekend.

Wrinks

Fantastic info wrinkley

Do you work for fisheries or related.

I know of one spot in the harbour that is still holding hoods though.

Well done on the Kingfish and jewfish double fishergirl :thumbup: ..We could well see quite a bit of helter skelter going on this winter plus a few overboards if hoodlum kingfish schools averaging around 15-30 kilos decide to come into the bait grounds every day and get right into the hairtail fishos' bait jigs :biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: