Fishing With Mum!

tide'n'knots

hi guys I worked all day on sunday so my girlfriend and I devised a plan to get my mum out in the boat on monday afternoon. With a fair bit of help from us my 82yr old mum who is crippled up with atheritis was able to step from the pontoon at the ramp into the boat via the back seat and into a fold up chair and we set off for a couple of hours fishing. We managed only 3 keepers ( 2 whiting and a bream) but mum caught several undersized bream and snapper and whiting with a little help from me holding the rod while she wound the line in. It really made her day!

pete.

post-8689-127365891482_thumb.jpg

post-8689-12736589334_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127365894477_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Great little story Peter :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: you Mother is certainly a very spritely little lady for her age and the first photo certainly say it all..I'll bet she managed to get herself out there on the boat a day after Mothers's Day for your benefit and satisfaction too..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That is terrific, Pete!! I bet she had a ball!!! That will be a day that you all remember for many years to come too! :thumbup:

So glad she got into some fish - the pics say it all!

Cheerio

Roberta

Man thats orsm, I wish my mum would come fishing but shes scared of boats/water. Its the best thing in the world to share something you love that will leave a ever lasting memory with your family. :thumbup::thumbup: And good to see your mum caught some fish too.

Benny

Good on you Pete that's a Mothers day to remember :thumbup:

Wish My parents would come for a fish with me!!!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

gday Nathan, I use to take mum fishing on mothers day when she was a bit younger and more mobile but she hasnt been able to do it for about 10 yrs now so when Rosetta and I were able to work out how to get her in and out of the boat it made her day.

p.s. give me a ring if you like and we might still be able to fit a trip in on mon or tues before i go back to work.

pete.