Patonga Flatties

Ray R

:biggrin2: Hi Raiders, today I had the choice of some house work or fishing, so after a think about this I decided to think about the house work while I was fishing.

Anyway with the seas up I gave the rocks a miss and headed down to Patonga, lovely little spot and I wanted to catch a flattie so firstly I walked and flcked along the main beach there right up to the creek mouth without any luck and although the mouth looked fishy I didn't manage a hit let alone a fish. My next plan was to trudge all the way back to ramp, onward and around Darks Corner, this is a top flattie spot and I can usually score a fish or two. Well the water looked great and it wasn't long before the first flattie came in, only a little fella so he was sent back. I continued to work my way around the rocky shoreline flicking at each place I stopped at, then I was slammed by a flattie, he took off and gave a good tussle, my next problem was landing him as I had jumped a few rocks to get where I was, so I had to jump from rock to rock and at the same time keep some pressure between me and the fish and he was still very fiesty, anyway I leapt to the sand betwwen the rocks and slowly ushered the fish in, I think we both a little buggered and I was relieved to have my prize. He was a nice flattie , so I continued flicking with more strikes and more hook ups, ended up with another keeper and 4 more between 35-40cm mark that were all released. I met another flicker around there today and he also scored himself a few nice fish.

So as the tide started to rise it was time to head back and grab a couple pics and a bit of filleting, so ends a beaut arvo around Patonga..

The gear used today was a pflueger xt2000s, loaded with 4lb stren glacier blue and 8lb vanish fluro leader, berkley pro tactic 7' rod, and berkley gulps in the 5" jerk shad style pilshard and pepper neon flavours..:thumbup:

post-3371-127390963589_thumb.jpg

post-3371-127390966063_thumb.jpg

post-3371-127390974657_thumb.jpg

post-3371-12739097764_thumb.jpg

post-3371-127390980185_thumb.jpg

post-3371-12739098326_thumb.jpg

Great stuff Ray, been a while since your last fishing report, good to see you back at the game :P

Great pictures and that's a lovely looking drop-off in that 2nd picture.

Monch

Im always in the creek if Im in the area and never missed out yet. I find the dropping tide to be the best time for me. But getting the boat in and out can be a problem. Ive had to get out and push it a couple of times (too busy fishing and not watching the tide)

Hey,

nice work, i saw you up there, you came up to me and asked how the fishing was going just as i was leaving.

how did you get to the other side of the river mouth?

did you wade across? or do i have the location where you landed them wrong?

Nice Ray,

Housework or Fishing I think you made the right decision there especially the part about thinking about it whilst fishing that's something That id do hahahahaha

you got a feed out of it anyway so it was worth the effort.

Regards,

Nathan

Hey,

nice work, i saw you up there, you came up to me and asked how the fishing was going just as i was leaving.

how did you get to the other side of the river mouth?

did you wade across? or do i have the location where you landed them wrong?

G'day buddy, no I'm not on that side of the creek, I was around Darks Corner which is the Pearl beach/Lion Island side.. :thumbup:

The flatties are enjoying a glut of food at the moment, as evidenced by the condition of those fish, Ray :thumbup: It's great to see that you have so many options available to you. Terrific photos as always mate. Gee your game though. At your age, there's no guarantee you'll find your way home after a big walk like that! :074:

Great report as always mate

Hodgey

very nice ray! ive caught some nice flatties at the mouth on whitebait by throwing it into the channel on the run out and walking along with it, but not on plastics however you would have to reckon they would work though.

nice photos as usual too.

pete

great read & picks as always ray.some nice flattys you landed.those pepper neon 5in gulps are great flatty plastics arent they.iv been having some great results on the local flattys lately using em.a few over 60cms.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Nice one Ray, looks stunning. Ahh I love flicking lures around territory like that, so refreshing for the soul and makes me very thirsty. :beersmile: Had a Snowy Mountains lager the other night, very nice.

:thumbup:

Spanker

Nice one Ray, looks stunning. Ahh I love flicking lures around territory like that, so refreshing for the soul and makes me very thirsty. :beersmile: Had a Snowy Mountains lager the other night, very nice.

:thumbup:

Spanker

Spanker, Love your avatar mate :074: