Busy Family Day Up The Hawkesbury.

funnierthanu

Took the family up to the river today for a fish along with a mate . We launched the boat around 6 and went over to Danger shoals . I got the first fish which was a nice bream just on the 1kg mark , we got another 7 fish before the dreaded catfish moved in . We usually get a few jewies in this spot but there was none today . We then went out to the middle ground but only got 3 bream as there was plagues of chopper tailor .It was then that it started to look like rain so we went back to danger for the change of tide .It was very busy for the next hour and a half till we pulled the pin at 12 and went back to the ramp for lunch .No rain and no boat traffic , it was a great day out .post-9468-127460288513_thumb.jpg

Nice haul. Good to see so many bream. Be thankful you aren't there at night - heaps of catties plus some huge pike eels have been aroun in the last few weeks. Hard to get the squid to the jews!

Bait or lures? What bait were you using.

Nice result that, i was thinkin about taking my crappy lil tinny out there sunday but opted to drive 240km there n back to T.C.D walk however many km a full lap of the dam is and chuck every lure in my box at massive cruzing trout that im sure were laughing at me as they slid back to tell there mates hey check out this idiot.

Yeah thanks for that report, you have confimed i made a poor choice. :1badmood:

Waynie

Nice little family outing on the Hawkwsbury funnierthanu and a good bag of take homes too :thumbup: not sure where you mean by dangar shoals.. are they where the submerged rocks are in close up in the gully on the northern side out of the current between the old and new the leases are they? that area drops down deep pretty quickly and is quite a good part of the river to fish in general when it's firing

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hey Funny,

Nice bunch of fish. I haven't been out in 5 weeks due to little things like birthdays, mothers days, illness and poor weather. I know I can always rely on you to add jealousy to my already sky-high levels of frustration and fishing-deprivation. Thanks for that lovely report.

When we get lots of rain, indeed we need to look at alternative baits - that would explain why no whiting were in the catch...Usually you get a few dozen of them as well !

You said you got the biggest fish, but really, did your son get the biggest fish again ? You know he's got the knack eh ?

Good on you - a top day out with the family and a nice feed of fresh fish....

Tony

Nice little family outing on the Hawkwsbury funnierthanu and a good bag of take homes too :thumbup: not sure where you mean by dangar shoals.. are they where the submerged rocks are in close up in the gully on the northern side out of the current between the old and new the leases are they? that area drops down deep pretty quickly and is quite a good part of the river to fish in general when it's firing

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yes we started at those rocks then moved east to the red markers in the shallows .

Hey Funny,

Nice bunch of fish. I haven't been out in 5 weeks due to little things like birthdays, mothers days, illness and poor weather. I know I can always rely on you to add jealousy to my already sky-high levels of frustration and fishing-deprivation. Thanks for that lovely report.

When we get lots of rain, indeed we need to look at alternative baits - that would explain why no whiting were in the catch...Usually you get a few dozen of them as well !

You said you got the biggest fish, but really, did your son get the biggest fish again ? You know he's got the knack eh ?

Good on you - a top day out with the family and a nice feed of fresh fish....

Tony

Common Tony , just caz he has won 3 times this year doesnt mean he is allways going to beat me .