"friendly" Blackfish Challenge Cancelled

rickster

We have had a slight change for our blackfish get together for Sydney Harbour. It will now definetely be Sunday the 6th June. This will be more a get together of raiders than a competition so all are encouraged to come along. As most are fishing west of the bridge, we should limit it to these areas so we can all catch up for a chat afterwards. As suggested earlier, and I'm open to others suggestions, let's look at a "rods down" at 1.00pm and organise our get together for around 1.30pm. Mort Bay on the wharf side would be an ideal spot as there's plenty of parking and only a short walk to the waters edge. Im more than happy to grab some lite beer to refresh out throats. My other suggestion is that as we don't all take all the fish home and I hate to see fish die just because we need to take them to a weigh-in etc. can we just take a photo (maybe put the front page from one of the sundays paper in the pic as sometimes I can't be trusted devil.gif ) then post it on the site.

Please offer your suggestions and let's start getting a list together of starters so we can maybe organise small groups etc.

Cheers,

Rick

ATTENDEES

swordfisherman

mrsswordfisherman

GregL + Daiwa friend

rickster

smitty

luderick59

VietGod

stillrockn

DGF

scrubby

Reggie the Rabbit

Woodchop

Vladimir

Marley +Dad

Jenno64

Slayer666

Pafisho08

matua

bucko48

Wheres Mort Bay?

Not sure about coming yet but I may bring the girls down

Sorry, Mort Bay is in Balmain which would be fairly central for the places we'd be fishing. Fairly sure it's down the end of Church Street, very large park area right on the water with swings and things for the kids.

Rick

I'll be there for sure Rick. Count me in. One thing I would like to know from Smitty with his article on alternative baits & using carrot cubes what size cube do you use a No 6 cube or a No 8 cube :074:

Scrubby

Count me in but will have to run into work soon after the meeting. Ricks gonna need a professional netboy to help him out :biggrin2: .

Stewie slide me a cheek $10 and ill make sure my netting skills suffer on the day...

That's right you amateurs, come let the old swordie show you how its done yahoo.gif

I cant wait to get started.

Come on there must be more blackfish anglers willing to try and knock rickster off his perch tease.gif

Cheers Stewy

I seriously don't care who gets the most fish etc. as long as we get good weather and have some laughs. :1fishing1: I'm even happy to let you in on a couple of sneaky spots that I've never seen anybody else ever fish and probably don't know exist. Just simply ask and I'll make sure that there explained at the reading of my WILL.

...I'm even happy to let you in on a couple of sneaky spots that I've never seen anybody else ever fish and probably don't know exist. Just simply ask and I'll make sure that there explained at the reading of my WILL

:Funny-Post:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hello there,

I was just wanting to know if Fishraider has a social day aimed toward beginners wanting to learn how to fish for blackfish, luderick and drummer? particulary using weed and cabbage baits.

Or is this upcoming Luderick fishing day suitable for beginners? I do my fishing out of a small runabout using SP's and HB's on light graphite rods/reels -with not much success admittedly.

Thankyou kindly,

David

Hi Rick

I guess, that as I will be up here & you guys down there ...... that I can always just have a go blackie fishing on the day, just to see how I go!! I hope that is OK with you guys!! I have some weed in the freezer that should do the trick, but will harvest some cabbage as well! Shame I'll miss the BBQ tho! I'll be thinking of you all! :1prop:

I'll be fishing with you 'in spirit'!!

CHeerio

Roberta

Hello there,

I was just wanting to know if Fishraider has a social day aimed toward beginners wanting to learn how to fish for blackfish, luderick and drummer? particulary using weed and cabbage baits.

Or is this upcoming Luderick fishing day suitable for beginners? I do my fishing out of a small runabout using SP's and HB's on light graphite rods/reels -with not much success admittedly.

Thankyou kindly,

David

Hi David,

Anyone is welcome to come fishing for luderick. No need for a boat as we will all be fishing the old fashioned way, off the land :)

Watch this thread for more details.

We have a SP workshop day if you want to join as well and meet some fellow raiders

CLICK HERE FOR SP DAY DETAILS

MRSSWORDIE

Now that we are starting to get some good numbers, it could be an idea if those that may be going alone, or others who want to form small groups, advertise as it's more fun sharing knowledge etc. I know stewy and donna have a foursome organised as have we, including a "dark horse" from the northern beaches. Getting a bit worried about stewy so been scouring far and wide for a winning team(stuff the salary cap). I'll be collecting weed on the saturday so may be able to pass some on if others are struggling to find any. All about sharing.

Rick

Gez the talk of blackfish, dark horses and winning teams it looks like them harbour blackfish are in for a scary come challenge day.

Stewy I have invited another ringer in seeing they have a "darkhorse" coming. Pommy fishing writter that fishes for Team Daiwa. I introduced him to Blackfish while you were playing with GT's. Coarse fishing background and took to blackfish instantly!

LOoking forward to it!

Greg