Healthy Flathead

marcel haber

Well done, Twin 1!! Magnificent flattie! Check out the width of the head!! Amazing how they almost get 'out of proportion' as they get bigger!! Any guestimate of weight?

Cheers

Roberta

Well done, Twin 1!! Magnificent flattie! Check out the width of the head!! Amazing how they almost get 'out of proportion' as they get bigger!! Any guestimate of weight?

Cheers

Roberta

This lady wighed between the 4 - 5.5 kg range, the head looks big but when you turn the fish over and look at it from underneath( the white underbelly are looked massive.

Twin 1

Jeez twin1 - she's certainly fat around the gut - probably in full roe.

Well done on letting her go.

The practice in the old days was to take the fish - eat the body and nail it's head to the timber fence like a trophy.

I'm sure glad that practice is gone - now we know more about them, we realise what damage was being done..

I reckon a good fishing deed always brings good karma - watch out - that big jewie is just around the corner....and he's looking for yakka fillets.....hehehehe :1prop:

Edited by Keflapod

Thanks guys for all the replies,

It felt good to marval over the flatties shear beauty and strength,we took a few photos but could not get one of myself holding her cause she would not stay quite in the boat lol.

To watch it swim away gracefuly was priceless and well worth it.

Twin1 :1yikes:

post-3455-127594324831_thumb.jpg