What A Trip! - Sbt

Tackle Junkie

Hi Guys,

Just thought that I would share some pictures of my recent trip to Tassie last week.

This was one of those trips that you plan for - you are excited for, and you hope on the day that it all comes together.

Well!!! It did. We booked in Novemember and we hoped for decent weather - we went on a charter had 4 of us for two days.

It would have broken us to go there book accomomdation - spend 1000's on tackle just for fun and then be stuck on the shore.

We lucked out big time. We caught over 70 fish in two days all between 15 and 35 kilos in the most perfect conditions anyone could ask for. Speaking with the skipper he advised us that perfect weather usually means poor fishing in tassie, this was not the case for us at all.

We actually caught the most fish in one day all season and as it worked out - we almost all caught the same amount of fish each so it was perfect.

I will let the pics speak for themselves - the only negative were the seals. We hooked 70 fish and we landed 46 in two days, all were Southern Bluefin Tuna and 1 27kg Albicore.

This trip will last a lifetime - top fishing, great food, great mates, perfect weather.

Yes we are already booked and paid for next year - we will land a jumbo now that we earned out stripes on the schoolies.

I broke in a new saltiga and jigging master rod and it was so much fun - even with a 300kg seal on the end. My back really hurts now!!

Cheers,

Josh

post-6714-127552141148_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552142922_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552144325_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552145757_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552147366_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552151427_thumb.jpg

post-6714-127552155003_thumb.jpg

The weather looks absolutely beautiful from that photo mate. Sounds like you've had an awesome trip. I would like to, in future fish all around Australia and the charter you went on will be added to my " to fish list" haha. Well done on all your catches. Did you have to bring your own gear or do the Charters usually supply it? Either way top catches,

MAGIC!!!! I want to get down to Tassie again myself! Haven't been there since 1971 & wasn't into fishing back then! :(

What a fantastic trip you had! Not a bad way to get a crook back! Hope it is better now it is getting a rest!! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Dinner looks YUMMY!!

Thanks Guys & Girls,

All fish were caught on the troll. The skipper does supply everything, however we all brought our own gear and lures. I am sure most of you all know - the fun when trolling is you rigging the lure, choosing colour, style etc and then turining it into a fish.

I brought my Saltiga thinking that I may get a chance to Jig. We were hooking up so consistently that i never had a chance.

Without doubt the most productive lure was a halco diver in King Brown colour. After this the 5 inch zukers were fantastic and hollowpoint small tuna terror. We pulled heaps of lures to give them a swim but the same lures were always solid producers. We were very lucky that between us we had multiple colours of the same lures. Once we worked out a very productive spread we were into it big time.

I am now convinced that we were fortunate because of our lure selection - we hooked up 3 times more than boats next to us. Maybe luck - but i think that we had different lures.

Great trip.

Cheers

Josh

Well done Josh sounds like you guys had a good trip.

How good is that the plan turned out the way it was planned good weather and plenty of fishing .

And my i add now we are planning a trip ...thanks for the Photos

I've fished there too - highly recommended. Its a stunning location and the fishing is just a few kms from the boat ramp. Almost all the fishing is on the troll. There's limited cubing as the seals like to eat the cubes! Tassie is great too if you've never been.

The action can be hectic with the seals so be prepared to get smashed. They aren't afraid to gobble down any hooked tuna and smash it to pieces on the surface for dinner.

I wish the Spirit of Tasmania still left from Sydney!

Here's pic of one eating my 35 / 40 kg tuna

post-9059-127566337288_thumb.jpg