Rock Fishing Wednesday

slam354

Hi Fishraiders

As this is my first official post please I will try to make this as interesting as possible.Headed out to Burning Palms to target some Blackfish arrived there around 8.00am to fish the rising tide which was around Midday.I normally fish with someone but on this occasion I was alone.The conditions were a South swell around 1 metre with NW to S winds 10 knots perfect conditions in my book.I fished until 3.00pm and called it a day.

Final Tally was 9 blackfish from 32 to 35cm and 1 pig at 42cm using 8LB Mono.Unfortunately as the sea was quite churned up the pigs decided to have a field day resulting in plenty of bust offs on the light tackle.I wish I had taken my drummer rod with me but I have fished there before on numerous occasions targeting them and they are not there.I suppose the rough conditions bring them on.The Blackfish were quite thick and I Would have dropped at least a dozen fish and as it was I left them biting.

As the swell has been up for the last week or so I guess the fish responded with the plentiful wash.For those of you who would like to fish it is reasonably safe in a swell of around 1 metre max and the walk in and out is very steep around 30 to 40 minutes.I am reasonably fit but I am spent after the walk hence why it is a great spot not many go there.Hope the pics come out okay as I was using mobile phone will not risk carrying good camera down there.I hope the luderick challenge goes ahead on Sunday

Cheers Steve

post-13936-127564847002_thumb.jpg

post-13936-127564848682_thumb.jpg