Bagged Out On Jew!

tide'n'knots

gday raiders I fished the harbour last night and had a cracker of a session.

I ended up with 5 jew between 55cm and 64cm 1 flathead and a tailor. I dropped 3 other jew and busted up on another.I had a problem with my lights after I had landed the tailor in the first 1/2 hour I went to grab a rag from the front of the boat and somehow pulled out the wiring somewhere and couldnt get them going again and eventually had to strip the wiring and bypass on/off switch and hardwire the lights straight to the battery to get them going, this took up some very valuable time and I didnt get fishing again until around 9pm and fished until 11.45pm so it was a pretty hectic and productive session.

pete.

post-8689-127605678277_thumb.jpg

the entire catch

post-8689-127605679577_thumb.jpg

the 5 jewies

post-8689-12760568131_thumb.jpg

the 3 biggest jew taken at home

Edited by tide'n'knots

Woohoo!! Sounds like a good night out!!! Well done Pete!! Hope it continues to fire up!! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Bugger about the lights tho! :1badmood: You'll sort it!

Edited by Roberta

Peter,

Congrats on your latest haul that's awsome.

Too bad about the lights but I am sure you will re-wire them in no-time flat.

I am dying to get out there with my boat but the to do list is too high at the moment..

Its looking hopefull for about 2 weeks from now.

Ohh and I forgot to mention that your latest Haul was well deserved as you spend most of your time helping out fellow raiders!!!!! good on you!!!!!

I am sure you will find a bigger model sooner or later!!!

Regards,

Nathan

great jew which system were you fishing?if it was sydney can I ask near what bridge say east of gladesville west of harbour bridge etc?

Just wanna get an idea where they are biting

I fish not far from the lane cove river mouth.

pete.

Hi Pete,

As another wise raider has already said " Your the man"

After talking with you yesterday i headed out with a mate at 3pm and fished until dark in MH. Yakkas took a couple of salmon again and the jews came on the bite but couldnt get a hook up as yakkas too big. Mate put down a cocktail bait of squid and pillie on a single hook and came up with a 55cm jewie. He was wrapped so it meant we could go home. It was windy and cold in the open. Mate i pulled up the biggest blue swimmer crab i have ever seen. Man it was a freak of nature it was so big it bloody scared me when i saw it. :1yikes: It let go as i was going for the net. :1badmood:

I think we need to team up soon.

Cheers

Edited by zenman

Nice effort on the jewfish in the Harbour Peter :thumbup: There's still a mile of fish around that size and it looks like we're still waiting for the typical breeding size schools around 7-12 kilos to come in...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice effort on the jewfish in the Harbour Peter :thumbup: There's still a mile of fish around that size and it looks like we're still waiting for the typical breeding size schools around 7-12 kilos to come in...

Cheers

Byron,

Agree on that mate, waiting, waiting, waiting - stuff it!! - getting too cold at night. Nah i think they are finally gonna move in and maybe this run up to he full moon might produce some bigger models finally.

Mike

Pete, how does the water look ? Is it still dirty or is it clearing up ?

Stylo,

Mate i fished near the spit bridge yesterday evening and its pretty good. Sunday it was brown so i was surprised how quick it had cleared up in a few days. So right now perfect as not too dirty but not too clear. Has jewie written all over it now as we manged one pretty easily and left with them still biting.

mike

Edited by zenman

Thanks Mike, I was out last Saturday and it was diiiisssguussting !!! BUT I did have a massive run in the coffee coloured water in the harbour and my first thought was a jewie. Looks like the transition from coffee to clean water has them firing up. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers

gday byron,

mate i am hoping that this cold snap will get the bigger ones firing. I think I may have figured out why I am dropping so many fish lately - I have been using a double hook rig and the top hook is sliding. I think the fish that are throwing the hook are being caught on the top hook and when I strike at them instead of the hook penetrating into them it is sliding on the main line and they are throwing it. I will be fixing the top hook in place from now on!

pete